Sign in to follow this  

Carbon Skid plate...enigine now noisey!!

Anyone else had this problem?? I have put a carbon firebre skid plate on my drx and it has completely changed how the bike sounds!! the engine now sound really noisey!!! Anyone else had this prob??

Anyone else had this problem?? I have put a carbon firebre skid plate on my drx and it has completely changed how the bike sounds!! the engine now sound really noisey!!! Anyone else had this prob??

Happens with every skid plate, not just CF ones.

I have just ordered the new Lero Vince silencer...they are really cool....you get 3 inserts they are fully road legal.....forget yoshi..the Leo vicne dyno print out is impressive

Like was said it happens with all skidplates. Stay away from rocks etc... if you take it off.

I have just ordered the new Lero Vince silencer...they are really cool....you get 3 inserts they are fully road legal.....forget yoshi..the Leo vicne dyno print out is impressive

Glad you like it. But I believe it has been tested along with the Yosh Ti, guess which help more in the Hp department. They do have nice dyno print-outs though...especially when printed on glossy paper.

It is so noisy because it is reflecting the engine sounds up.

Before you dispose of your skid plate to me for $1.00, try this:

Get some scuba diver neoprene. Use contact adhesive and attach the neoprene to the inside of the skid plate.

If you still have to dispose of it, PK me for my address and I'll send you a genuine dollar.....

When I switch from my full face helmet to my open face helmet, my bike becomes way noisier too :applause:

Maybe we could trade...

What's worse, broken engine cases or a little noise? Come on people, it's a dual sport not a Lexus!

When I switch from my full face helmet to my open face helmet, my bike becomes way noisier too :applause:

Maybe we could trade...

My bike becomes noisiest when I take off my helmet! Also, when you forget to repack the muffler bearings! :eek:

I don't mind taking him seriously.

Why don't you try the skidplate from Hyde Developments. They are made from a less harsh kind of material, more tenecious type of ABS.

There is a dealer somewhere in the USA.

www.hydedevelopments.co.za it was, I believe.

But also put some earplugs in, this will make you less fatigue.

Noppy

no,lazy bones aka mellow yellow,etc.

I`m not the only to notice then.

Andy UK

I`m not the only to notice then.

Andy UK

No, there are others who worked it out as well :lol:

But look on the bright side, since it was made common knowledge he has quite sending me PM's :eek::lol: :lol: :lol:

Neil. :applause::lol::goofy: