Sign in to follow this  

Some pics of the 07450 at the Glacier

Are you not running studs? and damn does that look cold!

I think I actually have a little sunburn on my cheeks from yesterday here in Montana! :applause:

If it was a touch warmer (60 or 70 degrees) that looks like it would be some sweet views!

rub it in, rub it in.....

my wife was in helena this weekend. Our friend was doing a moto school at the track. In response I studded up and ripped up some ice.

It was 6F that day. When I was full speed in 5th gear it was a little chilly. I was wishin I had on some extra underwear, cause the plumbing was freezing up.

Yeah Dean was doing a class, who was in it that you know? I think I knew just about everyone in the class.

I was riding Saturday, are track is horrible right now! It is as dry as a snakes belly in the Sahara! I wish I had some studs to break through our hard pack at the track.

Kinda cool to see such extremes in climate.

jim pace is a buddy of mine out from bethel who was in the class.

I have some pics from a mountain trail ride I'm looking for I'll post up later. At least I'm riding...

Im heading back to Alaska from texas in about six months. Damn im thinking my ass should stay here now...... That new yamaha sled does look pretty tempting though, the one with the two 250f motors in it.

mike,

in 6 months these areas where the photos are taken will be filled with trees, foliage, and trails. Bring your bike, lets ride! There is a track 10 minutes from this area.

yea I used to live up in Fairbanks and head to the north pole track almost every day after work and ride till almost midnight. It was great.

when did you live up there?

I lived ther from 1997-2001

Great track up there. We have had lots of top pros through the years come up and spank the locals on that track. Most recient Dusty Klatt (04) David Pingree (05) and our local heros Jerry Lynburner and Aaron Lloyer (06). Jerry actually beat Ping in one moto!

yea i lived up there from 98-2003. I rode a kawi 125 number 79. then got off that piece of shiat kawi to a yamaha 125 to number 117. Jerry is a good guy, always had something nice to say. That track was by far one of the best ive riden, and ive riden with Voss at cycle ranch tx and talked with him and had him say that cycle ranch is the best track in the country...

Damn Kawiscooter, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do stuff like that up here.

Me and Luke have been riding daily. Got ta get him ready!

Looking forward to seeing you guys at the tracks again this summer.

My arm is healed up and I have decided to race again this season. I have to have some sort of stress outlet from work, but I sure am sick of getting hurt.

I went to Alaska for the first time last August. Granted, it was with the Royal Carribean but when we stopped in Skagway my son & I went up to the Klondike - Carribu Cross(?) rented quads and tore it up at the "Worlds Smallest Desert"

Even though we were riding couch's it sure felt good to riding something!

I really fell in love with the Alaska. What a great state!:bonk:

You guys gotta hook me up one 'o these days!:naughty:

i grew up riding and racing in nor cal. Alaska has so much land with so few people compared to there its unbelievable. The strangest thing is we do not have any off road racing in the summer. There is a lot of snowmachine stuff in the winter, but no enduro, cc, or hare scrambles in the summer. We have an organized moto circuit, but no off road. There are a ton of great places to do it, its just not being done. I miss that type of racing.

• Like 1

nice pics kawiscooter,

where in Alaska did you say those pics were taken? those were awesome.

just moved here, don't know the area well yet...