Sign in to follow this  

Harbor Freight Tire Changing Machine.

I've got one and its really just so so. It helps but it really doesnt make tire changing that much easier, the best part is that it holds the rim pretty good. I guess what I'm trying to say if you expect it to work really good save your money and buy a good set of spoons with long handles.:applause:

I've got one and its really just so so. It helps but it really doesnt make tire changing that much easier, the best part is that it holds the rim pretty good. I guess what I'm trying to say if you expect it to work really good save your money and buy a good set of spoons with long handles.:applause:

Couldn't agree more...

I have one, and it was an improvement over changing tires on the bench or ground. I use mine for both dirt and street bike tires, have it anchored to the concrete, and use lots of lube popping the tires on and off.

Bought one and returned it the next day. I couldn't get the 3 holders to all hold the rim at the same time. One of the bars was welded incorrectly and you could see that it wasn't horizontal with the others...

T

Got one. Had it about 6months, changed about 6 tires/tubes with it. I like it, it really needs bolted down, haven't done so yet.

I can still changed them on the bucket, but the HF tool makes it a little quicker. Also I've yet to pinch a tube, which I had a bad problems doing when I'm just using spoons on my bucket.

All in all: pretty good deal for me, $100 is pretty cheap for changing tires just a little easier-and could be paid for in a few trips to your local dealer!

I have one, and it makes changing tires easier for me.

If you have one consider getting a better mounting/demounting bar from NoMar http://www.nomartirechanger.com/ It's really much easier to use than what comes with the HF changer. Then again, if I'm going to be changing streetbike tires at home I'd buy the whole NoMar kit. But that's me.

I have one too and agree with the consensus of the above posts: It makes tire changing a little easier compared with doing it on the floor with just spoons. It's a completely manual tire changing tool and I find some tight rear tires are still a pain in the you-know-what to change.

I bolted mine to the concrete floor of my shop - a necessity I think.

For $99, it's worth it - I'm happy with the tool.

I saw one of those-the best way I found to change tires is to cut a hole in your work bench for the sprocket or disc to fit in and lots of soapy water.I have an old bathroom vanity I use as a workbench and to change tires-I cut a piece of plywood to fit in when not changing tires.