Decompression plug leak

I have an '03 WR250F. It leaks oil through the plug where the decompression cable connects on the YZF and older models. Mine has auto decomp. so there is just a rubber plug in there and leaks oil right onto my head pipe. Is there a quick fix?, and how do you take it out? I have searched for a replacement part with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I blew out my plug and it caused quite a mess 2 years ago. Installed an aftermarket plug bought here on TT. That also leaked once those gaskets wore out.

Now that I am getting a new head, I am having a friends dad fabricate a bracket that mounts in front of the plug to hold it in place. I will be utilizing the bolt on R side of engine head above the spark-plug blowout hole to fasten the bracket in place. I will try to do some research further to find a pic of one made by someone here on TT.

mx813

Did you lose alot of oil when it blew out. I dont want to risk the engine by ignoring it. I got an oil seal for it, its a ring but I think its the wrong part. Its a pain because it leaks even when the bikes not running.

same thing happened to me on my 2003 yz250f a few years ago, it happened on a saturday of a weekend so there was no way we could get parts, my dad shoved a bolt in there, made sure it was tight, worked for the rest of the weekend. It's easy to tell when it falls out to, you have smoke the second it comes out !