Sign in to follow this  

Poormans mod

Well I took all the advice, averaged it all out and performed what I will call the poormans mod. I tried to remove my airbox from my 94 dr650 and if anyone has a tip on that year let me in on it. I did remove the small snorkle. I had to do my carb mods on the bike. I drilled the brass plug out and turned the screw 2 1/4 turns, Pulled the bottom off the carb and took out the main jet drilled it out with a 1/16 bit( 159), then rotated the carb the other way and took the top off and pulled the needle and put a washer under it. Put her all back together and its like a new bike! I will have to check the plugs and see how they are doing but it really is a much better riding bike.

You could buy a main for a couple of bucks, then you'd know what size you were running.

It was stock 1994 which is 137.5 and 1/16" is 159. I was at the bike shop going to buy a couple but they had a couple of different types and I still had not removed it yet because I needed to buy a impact driver to remove the screws. Anyway it worked really well so far.