MS3 MH3 question who's tried them

I was a Budd's this weekend and my 756 was worn down. I went to little track guy and asked for MS3 and he said yes he had them. I dropped the rims off and when it got them back notice the rear was MH3 for hard compound & the front a MS3. Okay; not so bad Budd's is A hard track to so I kept it. What is advantage / disadvantage would I have running the MH3 on soft to int conditions. Would I notice the difference between the MS3/MH3 or will the MH3 just last longer ?????

I was a Budd's this weekend and my 756 was worn down. I went to little track guy and asked for MS3 and he said yes he had them. I dropped the rims off and when it got them back notice the rear was MH3 for hard compound & the front a MS3. Okay; not so bad Budd's is A hard track to so I kept it. What is advantage / disadvantage would I have running the MH3 on soft to int conditions. Would I notice the difference between the MS3/MH3 or will the MH3 just last longer ?????

I predict you won't go back to the 756 after you run MH3's on the rear. I like the mh3 rear mated to the m12 front. The starcross's up front do well for about 20 hours or so exceeding the m12s in grip and then the leading edges start to wear off with a gradual loss of grip. the m12's grip longer with loss of grip coming when the knobs start to chunk. I consistently got 60+ hrs from the m12 front on 3 occasions with 2 diff bikes. It's a good combo for for all but rock.

Right now on my 85 im running a MS2 Front and a MH3 Rear. Which isnt too far off, and I have had zero problems. Theres always nice grab in mud and on the track with the rear, and its not wearing as fast as the other tires I have had. The front tire still looks brand new. (4 months for riding)

After I rode them I like them better than the 756's. Please do not flame me. It seems to get better drive out of the corner. Turn in on both are good but the MS3 front inspired me to charge harder. It felt like the tire had better grip. I want to know if the rubber compound makes a different between the rear MS3 vs MH3 in traction? Would I notice a difference or would the MH3 just last longer? If it last longer & makes no noticable difference I want to get the MH3 for my other bikes.

This is not scientific at all, but the MH's felt to have a slightly softer compound than the MS's.

IMO, the MH's work better over a wider range of dirt doing well in hard as well as soft. The MS's worked really well in soft and were acceptable on hard. The knob height is greater on the Ms's and I think that may lead to more knob roll on the hard.

Both work exceptionally well, wear a very long time, but for me with varying soil, I prefer the MH's. If I rode strictly in the sand, I'd go with the MS's.

The MH3 has a stiffer casing and a softer compound. In sand it will perform almost the same as an MS3. In my opinion the MH3 front and rear is the best combination you can buy. If you run a soft terrain tire such as the MS3 on hardpack you will destroy the casing and the tire will never perform correctly again. If you run a hard terrain tire such as the MH3 on soft terrain it will not hurt the tire at all.