Sign in to follow this  

riding in sand??

hey everyone me and a couple guys from work and school are going ridin on a island in 2 weeks and i was just wonderin what u would recomend i should do to my bike before i go (to prevent rust etc) i'm thinkin regrease and strip down and spray bike with wd40 or similar to prevent rust . by the way its a wr 200 not that i think it makes too much difference but i thought i'd say:ride:

hey everyone me and a couple guys from work and school are going ridin on a island in 2 weeks and i was just wonderin what u would recomend i should do to my bike before i go (to prevent rust etc) i'm thinkin regrease and strip down and spray bike with wd40 or similar to prevent rust . by the way its a wr 200 not that i think it makes too much difference but i thought i'd say:ride:

Get a big can of Crisco spray and just douse the bike. Try to keep it off the seat, grips, and levers. Have fun and drink till you puke. Good times.

Just re-read your post don't drink. Your only 15.

Use SIlicon spray it will protect and it dries to a hard finish if you know what i mean doesnt stay wet like wd40 Ive used it when i go to Pismo before AND dont go blasting through the salt water LOL

You might try posting this in the California section also. I know there is some people in there that go to Pismo Beach a lot and ride. They might have some good tips for you.

thanks guys yer we've got 2 kegs so i'm not sure how much ridin we'll get done but it should be fun we're ridin about 60 kms (i'm not sure of miles) of tight 4wheel drive tracks and a bit of beach right near the great barrier reaf i'll try and get some pics

Watch out for those moving logs (crocodiles) especially if your camping out.

Running a lot of heavy sand? richen your main jet and let the tyres down to about 10psi, use a very light chain lube wd40 is fine or the sand will stick to the oil and wear everything out.

Safety first.