Acerbis 3.3 Tank?

I was considering getting a Acerbis 3.3 tank for my 2006 WR450....I was told that I need to get the YZ shrouds, that the WR shrouds will not work. Is this true? :bonk: Anyone with this tank? Should I go Clarke or IMS?

The shrouds for the 2006 WR and YZ450F are the same (I have a 2006 WR450F with the Acerbis 3.3 gal tank). Easy way to tell is to look at the part numbers for the shrouds on the Yamaha USA website or ask your "friendly neighborhood Yamaha dealer".

My 05 had no problem fitting the tank, and I'm pretty sure nothing changed as far as bike design in 06.

I believe the 05 and 06 are using YZ shrouds and seat, as there are 2 post mounts on the Ascerbis tank, 1 for YZ and 1 for WR, the seat only fit on the YZ post postion.

You should be able to call them directly for info...

Its a good tank:applause:

2006 YZ 450F Radiator Shrouds have the following part numbers:

5XC-21730-90-00 (SIDE COVER ASSY 3 UR FOR DPBSE)

5XC-21730-D0-00 (SIDE COVER ASSY 3 UR FOR LRYS1)

partimage.gifx?d=89471,2,0

2006 WR 450F Radiator Shrouds have the following part number:

5TA-21730-00-00 (SIDE COVER ASSY 3)

partimage.gifx?d=88811,2,0

They don't seem to look quite the same, the holes may line up, but the angle of the screws looks different? Anyone successfully done this? I think I'm going to just order the tank and try it, however, I hate to pay shipping twice?!:bonk:

You will have to modify the right hand side brace. I took a dremel tool and cut away a small portion.