Sign in to follow this  

Hard to fit air filter ?

Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to get the air filter back on after doing maintenance?

I’m doing maintenance on 4 bikes, YZF250, YZ80, CR125 and the CRF150.

All the other bikes air filters fit straight on. The CRF’s air box is small and difficult to line the air filter cage up with the air box. Any fixes, ideas?

To me it seems a badly designed fit, but good filter?

:naughty::bonk:

Um....I have a CRF 150r Expert and I do my filter, the air box fits but I do have a little bit trouble putting the filter on the cage and have it perfect on the edges. Other wise, mine fits in perfect. Just make sure the flat edge is matching the flat edge on the air box.:bonk:

Spend the extra $ and buy a powerflow filter set up from TwinAir, they are exspensive but work great. It eliminates the backfire screen and replaces the mounting flange and filter cage with a redesigned aluminum one. Well worth the money!:bonk:

Most Hondas have really small airboxes, my CRF 450 dose and so dose the 250's

Yep I have a wr250, Klx & the 150R, the filter on the 150R takes twice as long to get back on, the lip around the edges has to fit with the edge of the filter cage, which is difficult. Poor design.

The filter cage is a hassle, but it's not worth 230.00 dollars to replace it.. I don't see how anything could flow much more air than stock, it just needs a simpler cage to filter design for less than 230.

Anyone played with the air box on the 150? I haven't seen any posts for the air box.....They run so hard that air supply isn't really a problem I guess...

It has huge slots in the numberplates, you can reach in and touch the air filter from the outside, so I can't imagine it needing more airflow.