Sign in to follow this  

Another TE Speedo Question - Trip 1 Odo

I have had my TE250 for two weeks and have yet to see the Trip 1 Odo log anything. Trip 2 seems to work fine.

I have held the button down to reset the odo while in the Trip 1 screen with no change. Trip 2 resets without a hitch.

Am I missing a step to start the Trip 1 odometer?

Thanks.

I have had my TE250 for two weeks and have yet to see the Trip 1 Odo log anything. Trip 2 seems to work fine.

I have held the button down to reset the odo while in the Trip 1 screen with no change. Trip 2 resets without a hitch.

Am I missing a step to start the Trip 1 odometer?

Thanks.

To reset Trip 1 go to the Trip 1 time display, press and hold the button, this will reset the time and the Trip 1 meter.

I am having this same issue now as well. This is the second one first was replaced for a different reason. My trip 1 and also if you could check to see what the average speed is on yours ( AVS) and tell me if that is working as well. Mine is not. Didn't want to do it but think I am going to have to ask for another its a shame bike is rock solid but Id like a working reliable odometer/trip computer

I think I am having the same problem with my 450. The manual should have a big red X right on the outside that says "Bang head here":banghead: in seven or eight different languages.

Trip 1 works in conjunction with the timer. If the timer is not running trip 1 won't record mileage, ditto on the average speed since it is calculating using timer and trip 1. Most times I just use trip 2 for trip distance.

Trip 1 works in conjunction with the timer. If the timer is not running trip 1 won't record mileage, ditto on the average speed since it is calculating using timer and trip 1. Most times I just use trip 2 for trip distance.

Are you saying I can make it work or is it broken? Timer? My hour meter is working if thats the "timer" you refer too

Are you saying I can make it work or is it broken? Timer? My hour meter is working if thats the "timer" you refer too

Sorry all, I misread the first post thinking he only needed to reset Trip 1. Trip 1 has distance, time, and avg (I think it's avg). Trip 1 is controlled by it's time view, meaning you must be displaying Trip 1 00:15:06...or whatever. Start, stop, and reset from this display...all other Trip 1 'options' will follow.

Does that make sense? Someone articulated it much better than I about a year ago on here.

I too usually only use Trip 2 for gas mileage.

The timer for trip 1 is labeled STP. Reset STP by holding down the button until it resets this will also reset trip 1 and average speed (AVS). To start the trip 1 go to STP and start the timer by holding it down until it starts running. Then trip 1 will begin to accumulte mileage and you will get and average speed reading. The hour meter (HR) records total accumulated hours while the bike is running and is not resetable. There is also another clock (CLK) that is resetable for hours and minutes, must be an enduro thing. Both HR and CLK have no connection with Trip 1.

Man, I'm glad you guys brought this up. I thought my trip 1 was broken too.

Makes sense now, if running an enduro you would want average speed, time, and distance.

Neilly and Lairpost - thanks for your help.

Reseting the STP worked, I am logging miles, time and avg speed. Not sure when I will use this since you have to work your way back thru the screens. Having all three displayed on one screen would be cool.

Will stick with Trip 2 for now.