Sign in to follow this  

What do you think to your 07?

I'm not too interested in how they ride, but have there been any major strange problems with the 07 bike being all new? I had the 06 bike (AKA 05) and though it was, well pretty good overall. How does everything last on the Suzuki, do the rims, spokes and clamps last? I like stock bikes that last well. I went to a international MX race and a factory team there were running the stock clamps so I thought they must be pretty damb good. I heard something about cam caps being too loose or something, and hard to find neutral until first oil change and a squeling noise? How are the clearances on this bike, have you had to adjust yours often at all after break in?

no issues with valve clearance after 22 hours on 2 bikes and also checked cam caps with no problems, torqued right on. The only small issues i had were the intake boot bolt that holds it to the cylinder was so tight i had to grind it off on both bikes and there is a real miss match of allen key bolts and 8mm bolts through out, now i switched it over to bolts it is easier to work on. Other than that best bike i have owned.

Mine was one with cam caps bolts loose. I don't want to throw you off though. Mistakes happen, when you mass produce something. Mine was one of them. Can't do much about it now.

Overall, the bike seems well rounded. IDK how it didn't win all the shootouts, but I know you don't want to hear it either, so I won't go on about that...

I plan on keeping this bike a while. As little as I get to ride, I could probably keep it forever... LOL I just hope it holds up like it should. I've owned 2 4Ts now. They are maint. intensive. If you don't do it, it will come back to bite you in the butt... That's on any bike though.

it's ok I remeber your post about yours I understand these things happen.