Sign in to follow this  

After Market exhaust question, advice?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows weather the FMF Power Bomb header will mate up to the stock CRF450 mid pipe. I have managed to kink my stock header...

With that in mind, what do you all think of the FMF Factory 4 system? Is it worth the $630.00? I'm looking for more low end, spark arrestor option, improved bling factor (kidding).

Also, is the stock silencer on the 450R a slip on? In other words, is the mid pipe a separate piece?

Thanks!

I wouldn't spend that kind of dough on an '05 exhaust. You can buy a CHM from pipe city for about $400 shipped. Also www.mrd-racing.com has full systems custom made for $400.

I bought a WB Alum Pro II for $350 from Dennis Kirk.

Also, if you just need a header maybe yours can be fixed. I had pacific crest pipe repair fix mine for $65 or so. www.piperepair.com

I don't believe the 450 has a mid pipe. Just a head pipe and silencer or muffler what ever u want to call it.

I don't believe the 450 has a mid pipe. Just a head pipe and silencer or muffler what ever u want to call it.

Right you are.. a header and muffler, with a slip on joint. So if you're sticking stock system, you should be fine with the FMF powerbomb, but if switching to aftermarket exhaust, confirm with manufacturer to make sure the headerpipe will fit.

Or better yet.. Buy an MRD full system..:bonk:

Thank you!

I'll check out MRD right now. I have heard good things about them, just forgot to check!

Thanks again!