wr250f!!!!!!!!!!

hey, i got an 07 wr250f and the dealer did the throttle stop and the baffle thing, i can get thw bike up to about 75KM, does that sound right with those mods done??

i was reading another thread by someone and they said they could get their wr going 75MPH, where as i can only get mine 75 KM.

i want more power. i thought that doing the throttle and baffle would make this thing fly but i guess not?? is there something wrong with the bike?:bonk:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75kph is way too low for a WR, something is not right. 100kph is only about 62mph. The WR should max out around 80+mph so that is way beyond 75kph. Are you sure they fixed the throttle stop? How far can you twist your throttle? Look into the carb's venturi and twist the throttle completely - is the slider (throttle valve) all the way opened like in the picture below?

TN_IMGP3843.JPG

Or is it more partly opened like this picture?

TN_IMGP3842.JPG

If your slider (throttle valve) is not completely opened like in the first picture then they didn't change out the throttle stop to a YZF throttle stop.

You'll have to remove the seat and subframe and the back of the carb will be exposed for inspection...

75kph is way too low for a WR, something is not right. 100kph is only about 62mph. The WR should max out around 80+mph so that is way beyond 75kph. Are you sure they fixed the throttle stop? How far can you twist your throttle? Look into the carb's venturi and twist the throttle completely - is the slider (throttle valve) all the way opened like in the picture below?

TN_IMGP3843.JPG

Or is it more partly opened like this picture?

TN_IMGP3842.JPG

If your slider (throttle valve) is not completely opened like in the first picture then they didn't change out the throttle stop to a YZF throttle stop.

You'll have to remove the seat and subframe and the back of the carb will be exposed for inspection...

Great post :bonk:

im goinna have to check that out...

i can open the throttle all the way but do you mean when i am riding or when it is off??

COuld it be that the bike wasnt broken in proper?

Not sure what is up with your bike. I bought an '06 with 240 miles on it and 'all' the mods. Airbox, AIS removed, t stop, pipe, quickshot, grey wire plus some other non performance goodies (bling).

This baby rips! I've hit 45mph on wide trails in 4th.

I think with a pipe, and grey wire you'll see a dramatic improvement. The pipe will finish opening up the airway letting the engine breath the way it should and the grey wire gets your motor winding yz like.

The stock setup is around 15hp and with simple mods you can be over 30hp. Simple math.

Not sure what is up with your bike. I bought an '06 with 240 miles on it and 'all' the mods. Airbox, AIS removed, t stop, pipe, quickshot, grey wire plus some other non performance goodies (bling).

This baby rips! I've hit 45mph on wide trails in 4th.

I think with a pipe, and grey wire you'll see a dramatic improvement. The pipe will finish opening up the airway letting the engine breath the way it should and the grey wire gets your motor winding yz like.

The stock setup is around 15hp and with simple mods you can be over 30hp. Simple math.

your making me jealous:naughty: lol

i think the dealership forgot to do it:excuseme:

i gotta take in at the 25 hr mark so i think im goina get them to do it

75 km/h is about 47 mph; my 2005 WR250f tops out at about 75mph. 47 mph is much slower than what the bike should be doing; when mine was stock it got up to 68 mph. Check with your dealer about it. I read that the 2007 WR has closer gear ratios, but I don't think that Yamaha would take 30 mph off the top speed lol.

i have an 07 and i personaly have done all the mods and my bike tops out at 60mph, my friends 06 450 only goes 65mph with all mods done so i think the factory has changed the gearing on there bikes or something. my bike gets to 60 real quick but it does not go any faster than that, i even did the exhaust mod.

i have an 07 and i personaly have done all the mods and my bike tops out at 60mph, my friends 06 450 only goes 65mph with all mods done so i think the factory has changed the gearing on there bikes or something. my bike gets to 60 real quick but it does not go any faster than that, i even did the exhaust mod.

What is the stock sprocket sizes on the 07 WRs? The older models used to be 13/52. The 07 YZFs are now 13/49 (used to be 13/48).

The stock sprockets on the '07 are 13/50.

Riderdown stated that using stock gearing(?) he tops out at 60mph - that sounds like they're using the YZ250F's internal gear box. The stock YZ250F using 13/48 does around 65-70mph tops, with 13/50 on my 06 YZF it seems to be around 60mph tops too. Does this mean that the stock 07 YZ250F using 13/49 is faster than the stock 07 WR250F that is using 13/50? Is the stock 06 YZ250F faster than both of them since it uses 13/48? :bonk:

They don't have the part fiche for the 07 WR250Fs out yet, otherwise we could check the part numbers for the gears and compare the YZF to the WRF.