Sign in to follow this  

spot to ride?

is there any spots right in or around bellingham wa.like gravel pits or logging roads i live right by galbraith trails but those have been closed to motorized use and all the mountain bikers swarm the place ...any ideas for a place thats close besides walker valley??thanks alot,patcap.

Well if your into motocross theres Hannegan Speedway

wheres it located?

Walker Valley - 40 miles south

yes im gonna check walker out this weekend or on wed.morning i heard from someone on here that walker is really technical ,is it tough or what,i consider myself relativly agile i rode bmx for years and skate quite a bit so its all helped a little let me know how you guys think walker would be for a newb.

Walker Valley is not that bad. The trails are mapped, marked and rated for difficulty. Try the green(easy) trails out first to get a since of whats going on out there. All trails are bidirectional so if you get stuck turn around. A forest road is always nearby too so you shouldn't get lost. The only caveat about Walker is that not all the forest roads take you back to the main parking lot, but the map should help you out with that.

Walker was the only place I rode when I first got my bike and was learning to ride.

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/dataandmaps/maps/pdf/walker_12_full.pdf

-Brian

walker valley, and Hannegan are both excellent places. Walker isnt that tough, imo. www.MBMC.US is the link for Hannegan if you want to check it out.

thanks guys im just gonna go and have fun,thats the plan anyhow,patcap.