Sign in to follow this  

X2 and X4 side by side

Totally awesome bikes, and excellent idea for a post. You can definitely get a clear view of the size differences, etc... Thanks !

I have yet to take the X4 to the track. It's been raining and muddy here in IL since I got it so I can't really give you guys a fair and honest answer on which I like better. After riding the X4 around my yard i can definitley tell it feels like it fits me better. I'm about 6'1" 190lbs and the leg room is much better as well as the handlebar height. I used hit my knees on my X2's bars alot in the sharp turns. I think in the end i'll much prefer the X4 but I'll probably need to put in a piston kit or something to get it where I'm 100% happy with it. The suspension on the X4 feels almost like a big bike as well. My X2 always had a super stiff rear spring that drove me nuts.

But in the end I'm very happy with both bikes. I can now ride in the 50 mod and the 110 mod class at my local track if I wanted to. I'll probably just race the adult midsize since that seems the class I have the most fun in.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5098251

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5098253

Ok please don't raz me about the chain not being on right on the X2. I was working on it and somehow forgot to route it right. I wish I had some real bike stands, but I made due. I hope this helps with any comparisons.

Dude pitster as some stands that will match there bikes. My wife got me one for christmas and its great

Nice pics Suade907.Hey Suade off topic here but do you ever ride Sunset ridge mx track in Walnut Il?They have open rides the next couple weeks on both sat and sunday come on out and look me up Speedo241.I park by starting gate Hope to see you there it's a awsome track.www.sunsetridgemx.com

Ok please don't raz me about the chain not being on right on the X2. I was working on it and somehow forgot to route it right. I wish I had some real bike stands, but I made due. I hope this helps with any comparisons.

Dude the chain is not on correctly on you X2

Totally kidding, GREAT BIKES!!!

pitbikes are junk compared to big bikes!

This prolly comes from a guy who got passed by a pitbike while he was on his big bike......beat it C rider

This prolly comes from a guy who got passed by a pitbike while he was on his big bike......beat it C rider

HA HA HA....if thumpertalk had a quote of the month this would for sure win... funniest thing i have read in awhile..... "beat it c rider" i am still laughing. if this was 8 years ago when i was still a c rider probably wouldn't have been so funny.:bonk:

Sunset ridge eh, I just looked that up. It's about 2 hours from me. How is the pit bike track? I doubt I'll make it out there in the next few weeks but come summer I'll probably be able to get out there.

I just took my X4 out for the first time on a real track. Although it was a supercross style track with giant jumps that you won't ever see me hitting on this bike it was fun to rail the burms and hit the little jumps. I was able to carry some serious corner speed with the X4. That was always something I struggled with my X2. Maybe it's just me but the X4 gives me better control. I did find that my X4's rear brake from the factory was way tight and rubbed bad. After a minor adjustment I was able dial it in. Now my only gripe on my first real day of riding is that while the X4 is geared much higher than my X2, I like it. But and a big but I need more power now. My X4 barely has enough power to rocket my big ole butt out of the turns. I'm gonna have to do some engine work on this sucker. Any reccomendations? I got a line on a big bore kit taht comes with a new carb dialed for the kit. I'm not sure the brand but am looking into it.

dude those are some sick bikes im likin the x4 better becuase of its size for a guy like me im like 6, 6"1 have fun with those bikes man