Sign in to follow this  

Sherco Supermoto's

Has anyone bought or know anyone who has purchased a new Sherco supermoto bike ? either the 4 or the 5.

Hello,

Hello,

My team is race with Sherco Supermoto bikes since two years.

Ask free any questions.

You find some pics under "SM Csapat" menu:

www.sherco.hu

Ver cool pictures, thanks for the posting.

I have been looking all over the internet for pictures just like this or any for that matter of the Sherco supermotos in action:ride:

I would like to know what issues or problems you might have had with the bikes, the 5.I especially.

I am interested in maybe purchasing one in the near future, but I just dont have enough info on them.

What's keeping Sherco from selling their supermotos as street-legal in CA?👍

They have to meet the Euro III regs to sell in Europe, no? They've got fuel injection which should help, no?

If little Husqvarna can make their race-bike-with-lights, carbureted supermotos street legal in CA, why not Sherco?

After 20-25 races, and 20-30 training days no any mechanical damage, or problem with racing bikes. Only one thing with bikes. It is the crank case breather system. (I hope you understand) At continius high RPM (8-10000) a lot of oil leave of breather hose. Therefore must to make a modification in the system. We modificated, but still not perfect. To this time, the factory not solved this problem.

With 5.1i SM we just run three races in Hungarian championship. Very-very competitive bike. We reached two times the faster laptime (66 rider) with absolutely stock bike against the tuned racing bikes.

In this weekend I will take onboard video from race on my wesite!

Only one thing with bikes. It is the crank case breather system. (I hope you understand) At continius high RPM (8-10000) a lot of oil leave of breather hose.

I have had the same minor issue with both my 06 4.5 and also my new 07 5.1. This is the only issue, though, so a pretty minor concern.

For 06, the breather hose comes off the cylinder head. For 07, the cylinder head is plugged and the breather comes off the end of the counterbalancer, down on the left centercase, and runs up to a barb in the backbone of the frame, and then down the left side of the frame where it discharges above the chain.

It's almost like an automatic chain luber!

Thanks for the video......tons of fun.

If it's not too rude......may a suggest a wind cover for your microphone?.

Now if I hadn't just had to mail a check off to the government I might be closer to my Sherco (5.1i enduro)............g.