Sign in to follow this  

Jetting!! Help

hey guys i have only posted on hear a couple of times and u guys have been great but i need help ASAP!!

i have a 2006 yzf 250f and my dad has just ported and polished the motor its got a hi comp piston and the new Dr.D pipe. what would be the best settings for my carb

thanks again guys

hey guys i have only posted on hear a couple of times and u guys have been great but i need help ASAP!!

i have a 2006 yzf 250f and my dad has just ported and polished the motor its got a hi comp piston and the new Dr.D pipe. what would be the best settings for my carb

thanks again guys

start with stock main (178), 45 pilot, fuel screw 2.5 turns out, stock needle 4th clip, 50 leak jet.

I have a post somewhere with a dyno run with that setup you have, less the high compression piston, and looked pretty good with that jetting.

ok here it is

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336594

(oh yeah, mine isn't ported either; but that jetting is a good place to start)

How's it running with the current jetting ?

way, way, way good. I let the motor get way down in the RPMs, then just roll the throttle on a lot of the times; no clutching it. It pulls great from down low to way up top. You know the drill though; it's still a 250F, if you lug it TOO far down low, it ain't no 450!

here are some examples from yesterday. One of the videos has music, the others don't.

http://www.westsideridaz.com/day.aspx?day=2007-03-29

you can hear how I sometimes let the motor get down in the RPMs, and then I just accelerate out. No cough, sputter, hickup, nothing. Just a nice clean pull. I love my bike!

It's here, not hear...

How about posting as much information as possible so we can best help you?

How about temperature, alititude, humidity, things that affect jetting...

Also, you may want to read this: http://www.thumperfaq.com/jetting.htm

Best bet, start tearing into your carb, find your stock settings and write them down (so you always have something to come back to) Then using the thumperfaq as a guide, tune your jetting going off of your current jetting (what areas you need to hit on).

Or, if you don't have the time, or are "afraid" like many of the noobs on here, get a JD kit and call it a done deal...

Not every bike is going to be jetted the same (especially when we are just guessing your factors that affect jetting in the first place.)

way, way, way good.

If it's running good , no popping or sputtering , then ride it like you stole it !

jetting is one of those things that to get that last 10 % of the available power it's going to take 90 % more work .