Sign in to follow this  

how do i know wut number of click the compresion dampening is on?

i'm trying to set my bike to the suggested settings, but i can't figure out wut number of click i'm on for the compresion and rebound dampening clickers. i brought one down to the seated position and started clicking up. i thought the range was 1-16 clicks, ( 1 seated and 16 softest), but mine went beyond that. anyone know wut i'm doing wrong?

i'm trying to set my bike to the suggested settings, but i can't figure out wut number of click i'm on for the compresion and rebound dampening clickers. i brought one down to the seated position and started clicking up. i thought the range was 1-16 clicks, ( 1 seated and 16 softest), but mine went beyond that. anyone know wut i'm doing wrong?

ya have to turn it all the way in while counting the clicks until it stops

make sure you don't over-tighten on the way in, stop when seated or you will damage the seats

I think there are about 22 clicks, so set it about 11 clicks and then test. From thee you will know if you want to go harder or softer. Also don't go super firm on the front and then leave the back on the soft side. Handling will not be right. I read in one of the manuals that the front and back should rebound evenly when you bounce on the pegs.