Sign in to follow this  

Places to ride in vernal, Ut?

My work is sending me to Vernal for the next four weeks. Anyone know of any place to ride there?

I live about an hour and a half away up in Wyoming but get down to Vernal every so often. There is a ton of trails around there and a track and trail area just at the north side of town. I have always wanted to take my bike down there.

We ride pit bikes and really need somewhere to ride. Do you have an address or name for the track? Is there snow?

I live in Vernal. The snow is gone in the valley. We have a couple of different tracks but I haven't ridden them or know much about them. One is/was north of town on 191 Just before you get to Steinaker. The other is eats of town. Take 500 North, headed east. It's out past the landfill. Again I haven't been to the track so I don't know much about it.

I just noticed your other post. Out towards Steinaker Res. or East towards Jensen. Both places are close to town with lots of ridding

Awesome. Thanks. I will check them out. Im sure you will see me around. We have 3 big white Wright Tree Service Trucks headed that way monday. Maybe I will catch ya at the track/

Well I just got back from my first weeks in Vernal. Found a few good spots. The "honda" hills were fun. Seems to be where everyone goes. The track right by there is closed and there are two houses sitting on it now. The track out by the landfill was sweet. Needed water but all in all pretty sick. Thanks for all the help.

Well I'll put in my $.02 for the Vernal area, I'm not originally from there but two years ago I married a girl from there and have now inherited some inlaws in the area. I've only been able to drag my bike out there a couple of times because the wife thinks that our trips out there are to see the family and not :naughty: ! Anyway, the couple times I've been out there I've gone to Doc's Beach which was pretty sweet, there is alot of sand out there however hence the name Beach! I've also been to the Honda Hills which seems to be the local favorite. I've wanted to ride the wash down there that is just before the Ouray turnoff just outside of Vernal but I never see anyone else out there. I've called on it and apparently it still allows cross crountry travel out there but I've never been able to talk the wife into it! I also believe that the one other place I had been is called the Devils Playground which was also very fun. There are tons of places out there, I'm sure you've talked to some of the local dealerships out there, they've always got good ideas and suggestions, if you haven't hit anyone up yet for suggestions try the bike shop right as you come into town, they'll steer you in the right direction!:bonk:

Cool im headed back monday. I will ask around. I was gonna stop by the dealer but time was limited. Thanks for the info.

There is one other spot that looks fun but I've never ridden, there are always one or two trucks/trailers out there and it almost looks like the riding out in the Hanksville/Cainville areas of Utah which is phenominal.

The best I can tell you about the area is that it is right off the highway as you are heading into the town of Jensen from Vernal, on your left hand side (I believe that would be the north side of the road). You can't miss it, it's literally right off the road and there are miles and miles of open hills and trails. I was just down in that area with the inlaws for easter weekend and we went to Split Mountain for a picnic and past this area, looked like alot of fun. Do me a favor and if you ever head out that way let me know how it went!👍

Hey all.

Since I'll be in Roosevelt tomorrow for some riding with the kids, which areas would you all suggest we go? We don't really do tracks. Would love to do some single tracks in the area or ride a local spot.

Any beta would be great.

Thanks,