Sign in to follow this  

Any feedback appreciated....07' RMZ250 or 07' KX250F

I am buying a new 2007 250F next week.

I have narrowed down to these two 2007 RMZ250 and 2007 KX250F.

I had a 2005 KX250F....really liked it. Rode my friend's 2006 KX250F....Liked it even more. I have not had the opportunity to ride a 2007 RMZ250.

But something about me and everything I have read is leading me to want to purchase a RMZ250....even though I know I like the KX250F. I don't know why.

If someone has feeback that has ridden both I would appreciate it.

I want to know the real differences in the two bikes....handling and motor more than anything.

Also, I never had problems with my 2005 but have heard there have been problems with the 06 and 07's. Does anyone have any info. on this?

Thanks!!!

get the KX, the 07 RMZ is a first year model, it probably will have some first year bugs not to mention the kawi has a more potent motor

get the KX, the 07 RMZ is a first year model, it probably will have some first year bugs not to mention the kawi has a more potent motor

I AGREE. MXA said that the rmz lacks top end....but they also said it was the best handling 250f they have ever ridden.....

here is some guys review on the 07...i have the 07 and its amazing...cnt wait to see its potemtial on the track

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451996&highlight=07+review

here is TWMX review

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451996&highlight=07+review

since i have been with kawi since i was really young...of course im gonna tell u to get a kawi...but all the 250fs are good. espeically the yz250f, b/c of its reliablity....i should know i had one....but then i went back to kawi

do not buy first model.08 will be better. look how far the kx 250f has come in 4 model years. rmz motor is about the same as kx in bottom and mid, but with out the top end rush. there are no problems with the 07 kx. most of the problems on this forum are made up, or the lack of maintance. buy the kx !!!!!!!!!!

a guy at my local track bought a brand new 07 rmz250 and the first ride within 2 hours something let loose in clutch area and shredded into the cases, and no parts available for it yet so hes pretty much screwed until parts are available, i would stay away from that bike till next model year in my opinion. bikes at dealer now, and they dont know what caused it yet.