Sign in to follow this  

1996 XR250R Muffler fit on a 1991?

Hello everyone, Does anyone Know if the 1996+ style muffler will flawlessly bolt onto my 1991 XR250R? I keep my trusty 1991 XR250R around because its so nimble in the woods, I bought it new in 1990 when I was in the 8th grade and today the Muffler has rusted out, I want it to remain as quiet or quieter than stock with the baffel in for hunting and exploring where I shouldnt be :bonk:

thanks, Joe

NO it won't fit flawlessly. Watch ebay though and someone will have one on there for your year, and most likely pretty cheap.

If you know a welder, a 96 or newer can be made to bolt up fairly easily.

I put my buddies xr400 muffler on my 1994 xr250 just to see if it would work. It fits up nice except for the rear mount is in a different place. If you have access to a welder, you could just relocate the mounting tab.

Geese!+%% Dont waste your $$ on a stock muffler! Get something that breathes!

Just pulling out the baffle makes bike ride totally different! Stock is so clogged up!

thanks for the tips, I do tig and wirefeed quite well :naughty: Yes, I know its much more fun unplugged but we are talking a old XR250R here, Im keeping this wisper quiet for a reason. I will be buying and building a CRF450X as soon as they go EFI and useing that for my main bike. I just want quiet because you cannot get caught if nobody knows your there :bonk: ( oregon BLM land is all locked up )

Joe

If you know a welder, a 96 or newer can be made to bolt up fairly easily.

I put my buddies xr400 muffler on my 1994 xr250 just to see if it would work. It fits up nice except for the rear mount is in a different place. If you have access to a welder, you could just relocate the mounting tab.

Is the inlet into the 400 muffler the same size as the 250?

Cheers

seems like the 400 should be bigger, but If I remember right it fit right up. His 400 is in my garage right now, if I get time later I will measure both up.