My bike got snaked!!!

Sorry guys!!! Couldn't resist the pun! Went out to the garage this afternoon and this little bugger was making himself right at home... Climbed on the bike and was reaching for the bars and :bonk::naughty::D ... nearly pissed myself... (we do have rattlers in this area, he had his tail wrapped under my light mount so I couldn't tell right away what he was!) Turns out it was a baby gopher snake.

Well, I collected my... ahem... composure and grabbed the camera. Not something you see everyday. You never know what the day holds sometimes.

snake_02.jpg

snake_01.jpg

snake_03.jpg

Sorry guys!!! Couldn't resist the pun! Went out to the garage this afternoon and this little bugger was making himself right at home... Climbed on the bike and was reaching for the bars and :naughty::D:bonk: ... nearly pissed myself... (we do have rattlers in this area, he had his tail wrapped under my light mount so I couldn't tell right away what he was!) Turns out it was a baby gopher snake.

Well, I collected my... ahem... composure and grabbed the camera. Not something you see everyday. You never know what the day holds sometimes.

snake_02.jpg

snake_01.jpg

snake_03.jpg

Don't think THAT 'bar snake' would do much to quell vibrations!! :bonk:

They make a BIG difference in riding position. I also threw on some jack up plates (fully adjustable rearsets... some day!). One inch up and one inch back. I got mine from a guy on SoCalSVriders.rog web site named Nate. But I noticed somone one eBay selling jack up plates for the SV as well. Pretty cheap way to get a more aggressive riding position on the naked SV.

Very cool photos! This must be a trait of gopher snakes.

A driver found a baby gopher snake at a truck stop and was worried it would get run over. I took it from him and threw it in a back pack, which I tossed in my car. There was a small hole in the pack and the snake got out by the time I got home. The next day I dug around and found it between the rear seat and trunk. I couldn't get it out.

I needed new front tires and the snake was headed into the trunk. What the heck. I drove down to the tire shop. They put my car up on a rack and remove the front wheels. One mechanic was inspecting the front brake rotor when the snake dropped onto the back of his hand. This guy was about 6'-2" tall and he jumped about 5 feet back. The 12" long gopher snake landed on the shop floor. How it got from the trunk to the front wheel I have no idea.

I was afraid they were going to kill it, so I yelled out, "Oh cool, you found my pet snake." I ran over and picked it up. All of the mechanics noticed I was wearing a "UC Berkeley T-shirt". They looked at me like I was a nutty snake professor. "How many more snakes do you have?" When the new tires were on, they tossed me the keys and told me to drive the car out of the shop.

That is funny Kev... great story. I had a bear of a time finding something to move this guy. My 9-year old boy was watching over my shoulder saying "Don't hurt him, don't hurt him. What's that? I think you stabbed him!"...:bonk: I used a long, small part retrieval tool that gripped him pretty well and took him outside...

Gopher and King snakes are what I would call "good snakes". Try not to hurt them.

Some gopher snakes can be very easy to pick up. Others do a great imitation of a rattle snake. There was a small 15" gopher snake behind my house that was as nasty as they can get. Hissing, striking, shaking it's tail like a rattler. The last time I saw it, the snake was hanging from the claws of a red tail hawk. I didn't feel too bad.

Sweet...Gotta love snakes. I had 5 of them for a long time. The mother-in-law is deathly afraid of them so of course the snake enclosures were kept right in the front hallway. She never did come over to visit much. :bonk:

gotta love snakes.....here are some of mine......all Boas, though!! Yes, they love bikes too.

Molly, a baby salmon phase boa

Molly_0815.jpg

Lil' Momma, a juvenile female albino boa

FA_0862.jpg

Those would make a nice pair of boots and maybee a hat band.