Stock shimstack for Sachs shock?

I know this is a long shot, but anybody out there have the shim sizes and order for an 06 TE510? Had to replace a seal and thought I would try a different setup. I would like to know what baseline was before the last change. Didn't write it down :bonk: Thanks

I know this is a long shot, but anybody out there have the shim sizes and order for an 06 TE510? Had to replace a seal and thought I would try a different setup. I would like to know what baseline was before the last change. Didn't write it down :bonk: Thanks

YES..........

........that is a long shot :naughty:

Surely one of the reputable Husky suspension shops could answer that question, but maybe they're not so quick to dispense with the free info ???

There's only like 20 shims in a stack, 30 different sizes - can't be that hard to figure out :D:bonk:?

Actually, it was not ME that didn't keep notes, it was the first guy that revalved for me (nameless). What he did was better than stock, and I rode with it till the seal blew, and now it's at Fineline for a service. Jason at Fineline looked at what was done before, and really wanted to know what the stock setting was. He just wanted to get a feel of where we started, and where we should go to make it better.

I just thought if somebody out there did their shock and wrote down the stock shim stack settings, it would complete the history of modifications.

One of the things I will do(this time) is go with an even heavier spring. Went initially with a 6.0, felt we needed more and now Jason feels the 6.7 would be good for my weight + gear (245 +gear) so we will try that and see if we can get our preload to a minimum and still hold the bike up in the stroke.

Jasons philosophy is heavier spring/ lighter valving and it seems to work great on the rocky trails. My old XR650 he did was still the plushest ride I've ever had!

Ah, the ever elusive quest for the perfect setup! :bonk:

Jasons philosophy is heavier spring/ lighter valving and it seems to work great on the rocky trails. My old XR650 he did was still the plushest ride I've ever had!

I used to play with suspension a LOT and this was my theory as well. Let's the bike ride high in the travel (out of the progressive area) but allows it to react quickly to sharp edged trail trash like rocks and roots with the light valving. :bonk: