Sign in to follow this  

rad hoses and crankcaes breather tubes

so whats every one doing for the replacements. rad hoses. crankcase tubes?

Wow - did some of that today.

Bought some radiator hose from a auto parts store - the kind that knows whats going on, not the kmart type.

Got a replacement for the little one across the top of the frame since one or 2 people reported a problem with that. And I bought a 1' section of the larger stuff for trail side emergencies... Got some crank case breather hose from them to replace the factory one because I liked it an inch longer so it was easier to re-jet.

Wow - did some of that today.

Bought some radiator hose from a auto parts store - the kind that knows whats going on, not the kmart type.

Got a replacement for the little one across the top of the frame since one or 2 people reported a problem with that. And I bought a 1' section of the larger stuff for trail side emergencies... Got some crank case breather hose from them to replace the factory one because I liked it an inch longer so it was easier to re-jet.

Coffee,

Was there a brand or specification for the hoses ?

I've been thinking about those for a while now. The blue aftermarket ones sure look cool but at $100 I'm not sure.

Coffee,

I've been thinking about those for a while now. The blue aftermarket ones sure look cool but at $100 I'm not sure.

you can get briaded hose for that :naughty::bonk: money

I've done the following cooling system setups.

A clear braided sink aerator hose installed in the rad interconnect line serves as a fluid flow monitor.

The interconnect line interference fit with the regulator was eliminated by Dremeling the rear 2/3s of the top fin off.

An Uptite Y replaced the problematic plastic T and equalizes flow.

All hose clamps are safety wired.

Tie wraps over the left wiring harness where it passes inside the rad should eliminate chafing on the sharp edges.

Dynamically flushing the system showed an absence of any casting sand.

Good old distilled water and WaterWetter works for me.

The IMS 3.9 tank needed adjustments to achive centerline mounting but doesn't appear to impede airflow.

Note: I've seen several references to installing a 1.4 cap. My 07 was delivered with one.

Coffee,

Standard radiator hose from a car parts place - nothing special.

$9? for a bunch of clamps & 2) 1' sections of hose.

Fuel injection hose/line works very well for the crossover between radiators...very very tough, multiple braids, cheap (err inexpensive)

CV4 rad hoses, OEM breather hose, and High quality automotive OEM type GFBN tee fitting.

So you replaced the stock "T" fitting with another "T" fitting? Does the fitting you speak of have any sort of devider inside to direct flow?

Curious about the breather tube...mine leaks oil at the fitting going into the head cover...anyone seal it up with anything?

Think I'd like to run the tube into the top of the airbox with a breather filter to cut down on some of the oil spew out the bottom of the airbox. What did you guys find for that replacement hose? 1/2" ID, but most of the stuff I looked at was very thick walled and not very flexible.

paul

Curious about the breather tube...mine leaks oil at the fitting going into the head cover...anyone seal it up with anything?

paul

Mine is glued in from factory, very exoxy like glue. Perhaps you could try gluing yours.

thanks-

Mine was loose, so it pivots. I couldn't think of a reason that it mattered if it was fixed or not. I'll get it sealed up. Tired of the ever increasing drool down the side of the engine.

paul

so whats every one doing for the replacements. rad hoses. crankcase tubes?

This is how i have done it:

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

Getting ready to buy some higher quality hose. Can somone please confirm the Internal I.D sizes of;

Radiator Hose___ (1/2"???)

Cross Over Hose___ ( I think it is .25")

Crankcase Breather Hose ____ (1/2"???)

nice studded snow tires!!

I was considering a K&N crankcase airfilter and getting rid of the hose to the airbox entirely. Is there any harm in doing this?

I was considering a K&N crankcase airfilter and getting rid of the hose to the airbox entirely. Is there any harm in doing this?

I was wondering the same thing.

Mike

1)Aftermarket automotive hi temp hose on the radiator cross over, for pressure strength and to allow clearance of the GPR arm.

2)GFBN OEM German car et al Automotive T fitting (hi temp).

3) CV4 rad hose kit installed with OEM German car hose clamps (the no slot type)

4) Maxima Cool Aide coolant

5) OEM Kawasaki KX radiator cap (1.8 bar)

Breather tube routed into top of airbox with UNI crankcase breather pleated gauze type filter (K&N style), zip tied in place. Used a solid rubber plug (home d) epoxied and shaved to fill the airboot boss from the removed crankcase breather hose and fitting.

My 06 TE450 has been like this for a year of hard riding (Racing/Riding MX track,Trails, Rocks from Mexico and SoCal)with no issues.