Sign in to follow this  

OT: Wouldn't it be cool if...

...you didn't have to lock stuff. Lock the cars, lock the shop, unlock the shop, chain the bikes in your shop, lock the windows, lock the garage door, go out and check the car again and notice toolbox, unlock the shop, put toolbox in, lock the shop.

I hate people who steal, makes life really inconvenient. Wonder what percentage of your life you spend locking things and locking yourself out of things etc. :bonk:

Stupid people steal. :naughty:

This doesn’t sound good. What got stolen?

Nothing, just frustrated carrying around all these keys and locking and unlocking stuff because some fool thinks he needs my stuff more than me. Had my Superhawk swiped last year and have been paranoid since.

Yea it sucks. I had my truck stolen a few months ago. Thieves Suck!

I've never accidentially forgot to close my garage door, but I couldn't tell you how many times I have turned around and gone back to my house because I couldn't remember the door closing. I hate thieves.

I'm pretty lucky living in a small town in rural NY. Theft happens, but it's not common around here. We only lock up everything if we go away for an extended time. When I was a kid we only locked the house if we went away for a week or more vacation. If I went in the mile square around my house, half the vehichles would have keys in them sitting in the yard. Times are changing though, new houses and people with some different values. It's probably time to tighten up a bit, I'll take this as a wakeup call.

Norman

If I went in the mile square around my house, half the vehichles would have keys in them sitting in the yard.

Norman

I hear ya man! Love going out to my buds place in rural Georgia for hunting. Just leave the keys in the car, windows down, no worries.

I had someone break in to my house years ago while my gf and I were in it. She was asleep, I was awake and I knew what was going on.... pretty long story. Heart pounding like crazy. You'll never guess who saved the day - Percy the Golden Retriever. He growled through the bedroom door, intruder left. Nothing taken, no harm and I didn't have to use my gun. Two weeks later the house was burglarized during the day.

That crap sticks with you. To this day when something isn't right at night I listen a little closer. Not paranoid, but I sure lost some peace of mind that night that I will never get back.

Had my garage broken into last fall and the bastards took my tool chest, they knew exactly what they wanted-thankfully didnt touch the bikes.

I now have the garage set up with two locks and an alarm, and I dont keep tools out there any longer.

Makes getting to and working on my bikes a pain in the ass-basicly degrading the quality of my life.

Thanks thiefs.

I love where I live, most people dont lock cars or houses. Like Normans neighborhood, half the cars have the keys in the ignition. People look out for each other. I refuse at this point to worry about locking everything up tight and I hope it stays that way till I die. Of course all it takes is one dickhead to steal something important to me and I will be investing in new locks.

I hear ya man! Love going out to my buds place in rural Georgia for hunting. Just leave the keys in the car, windows down, no worries.

I had someone break in to my house years ago while my gf and I were in it. She was asleep, I was awake and I knew what was going on.... pretty long story. Heart pounding like crazy. You'll never guess who saved the day - Percy the Golden Retriever. He growled through the bedroom door, intruder left. Nothing taken, no harm and I didn't have to use my gun. Two weeks later the house was burglarized during the day.

That crap sticks with you. To this day when something isn't right at night I listen a little closer. Not paranoid, but I sure lost some peace of mind that night that I will never get back.

A big dog is about the best burglar alarm you can have. Most thieves don't want to get caught. They want to grab and run. They hear a big dog and the back off. The ones you really have to worry about are the ones who hear your dog and keep coming. That is when I'll grab my Glock that sits under my bed (I am a single guy with no kids). I don't pretend to be a hero but I do not intend to be a victim in my own house. If you break into my place, your life is in my hands.

My black lab is far from attach trained but she does bark. Ignore the dog, beware of owner.

Glad to hear you are okay.

Greg

I agree!

No joke, day before yesterday, some lowlife went into our back yard and stole our aluminum cans of all things. Two large garbage bags full. My beer money! :bonk:

The reason they only got cans was because past thefts in our area have everything of value locked tight or on video.

Even when there is vitrtually nothing to steal, f*****s still find something. Even if its only worth 8 bucks.

My beer money!

Get the gun and start shooting :bonk:

...you didn't have to lock stuff. Lock the cars, lock the shop, unlock the shop, chain the bikes in your shop, lock the windows, lock the garage door, go out and check the car again and notice toolbox, unlock the shop, put toolbox in, lock the shop.

I hate people who steal, makes life really inconvenient. Wonder what percentage of your life you spend locking things and locking yourself out of things etc. :bonk:

Stupid people steal. :naughty:

Move to L.A...you spend hours locking, unlocking, activating alarms, setting trip wires and booby traps and your stuff still gets stolen.:D

That's why I moved.

Best example of screwed up: My dad used to live North of Duluth MN.. miles and miles of swamp..err uh lakes. Nearest neighbor was a guys summer log home. It was always locked tight and bolted up. Thiefs used a chain saw and made a new door bypassing all the locks. Took everything.

Around here they take entire toy haulers and the rigs pulling them from driveways just before long weekends when they think they are all loaded up. Empty the toys and leave the rigs several blocks away. arrrrrgh

Nothing, just frustrated carrying around all these keys and locking and unlocking stuff because some fool thinks he needs my stuff more than me. Had my Superhawk swiped last year and have been paranoid since.

OK so maybe I am paranoid. That doesn't mean they aren't out after me!

Get the gun and start shooting :bonk:

A true but unfortunate commentary of the times in which we live.

Read an article a while back that said something like this:

There are more good people that bad people. Make it mandatory that every citizen of age be required to carry a firearm after training of course. More GOOD people than bad all armed.....................Darwinian Theory comes to mind.

An armed society is a polite society.

I'll tell you guys what. The main culprit for this downward spiral here is Methamphetamine. That crap is nasty and about 95% of theft here in my area is related. About 75% of theft in California is drug related and most of the that percentage goes towards Meth. God I hate tweakers:foul:

I'll tell you guys what. The main culprit for this downward spiral here is Methamphetamine. That crap is nasty and about 95% of theft here in my area is related. About 75% of theft in California is drug related and most of the that percentage goes towards Meth. God I hate tweakers:foul:

Agreed. Meth ha sbeen around for a long time making a resergence in the past 5 or so years. BTW..it was definately the drug of choice for the Hell's Angels and other minor dirty shirts 20-25 years ago.......history repeats.

Agreed. Meth ha sbeen around for a long time making a resergence in the past 5 or so years. BTW..it was definately the drug of choice for the Hell's Angels and other minor dirty shirts 20-25 years ago.......history repeats.

On a possibly related topic - the Oakland chapter of the Hells Angels is celebrating their 50th anniversary tonight...

One month ago,

These a** holes pry-ed my door handle open on the drivers side of my truck but did not take anything ( Thank God ) but really messed the door handle up.

One week latter some one pry-ed the passenger side door handle but still did not take anything, There's not enough damage to call my ins so my once nice truck look like crap know.

IF YOU DO ANYTHING AT ALL DO IT 100% YOU LAME A** STELLING SUNS OF :bonk:

That's all every one have a good weekend!!!!!