Sign in to follow this  

01 and 00 cr 250

i heard there pretty much same, both bikes, every single piece swaps out between the 00 and te 01, and i heard there the last of the cr250's with incredible power that they ever had compared t the rest well newer then 01 i herad there better then 02-07's...but i mean there both identicle in everyway and same bike, so if you have a choice, go for what one is newer or is better shape and cleaner lookin...hope i helped

Everybody is hating the Mikuni carb on the 01 and prefer the 00 Keihin. Other then that, I'm not sure, piston I think, porting maybe.

thx

well i guess im getting the peferred carb. just was wondering. the bike is in great shape probly wont find another one that hasnt been ridden the crap out of

The '00 and '01 share a common frame and are very similar overall. I believe there were internal differences in the forks and shock. The intake and exhaust porting is different between the two with Honda claiming very modest power improvements for the '01. You can search the 2000 and 2001 part number lists at the TT store to look for specific differences.

yes, they are basically the same, except for the carb, and the fork internals/shock internals :bonk:

I had a '00 and my buddy has an '01, I can't tell a difference, even with the different carbs.

from off-road.com: New for 2001

New cylinder port shapes and timing specs provide a smoother and stronger power delivery, and produce lightning-quick acceleration.[no exhaust port bridge]

All-new lighter 38mm flat-slide Mikuni TMX carburetor adds both initial throttle crispness and improved throttle response to complement the new engine character.

New reed-petal stopper shape improves mid-range and high-rpm power delivery.

New exhaust pipe and muffler design completes the new power delivery package.

New ignition timing curve is matched to the cylinder port changes to produce maximum power over a wide rpm-range.

New lightweight drive chain is 3 ounces lighter than the previous design.

New increased spring rates, with lighter damping forces in both fork and shock.

New piston in rear shock provides improved shock absorption and consistent damping for excellent riding comfort over a wide range of operating conditions.

New anodized aluminum brake pistons reduce unsprung weight by 48 grams in the front brake caliper.

New lightweight steering stem features aluminum top threads and stem nut to reduce weight 2 ounces.

New handlebar grips add to rider comfort.

New side panels feature 20 percent wider air intake openings for improved response.

Optional 20-inch front wheel improves cornering traction and rider comfort. [fork tubes are longer to allow droping forks for 20" wheel]

Team Honda-inspired colors and graphics.

• Like 1

Here's a tidbit---->

In Eric Gorr's Motorcross & Off-Road Performance Handbook (2004) he says:

The 2001 model [CR250R] has the best 250cc einge built by any motorcycle manufacture--a strong lower end and tranny with a new cylinder casting featuring reinforcements in the critical areas such as the intake skirt. The port timing is on the radical side and the bike is faster than most riders need. Honda switched to a Mikuni carburetor for the 2001 model. The jetting is extremely rich and requires leaner jets on the pilot, needle, and main jet...

The '00 and '01 share a common frame and are very similar overall. I believe there were internal differences in the forks and shock. The intake and exhaust porting is different between the two with Honda claiming very modest power improvements for the '01. You can search the 2000 and 2001 part number lists at the TT store to look for specific differences.

Nice post. Love the images of the ports.