Sign in to follow this  

nOOb Modding & Jetting 2005 KFX400

Hello. This is my first post, and i just bought a brand new 2005 KFX400 carryover. I'm new to quads but not 4 wheeling or cars and engines.

Anyways, I've done a bunch of research and these are the parts i've decided to go with, I will be ordering them all next week but wanted to get some of everyone elses' insight and opinions. Here is a list of what I've come up with:

Dyno Jet Kit Stage 1 & 2 - Purchased

K&N Filter - Purchased

K&N Filter Box Cover - Purchased

Yoshimura RS3 Full Exhaust (prolly drop couple lbs)

Pro Armor Frame Armor - 6lbs

Pro Armor A-Arm Guards - 4lbs

Pro-Design Mega Flow Impeller

Pro Armor Swing Arm Armor - 6.43lbs

PRM Side Bars Nerf Bars - (unsure) lightweight aluminum

I just recently learned that I should have probably gotten the UNI filter instead of the K&N for inside the air box. But we'll see what everyone's opinion is. The main reason I'm posting is I'd like to know after installing all of the performance mods is what the best way to jet it is, and if i have to rip the carb apart on it, and whether I should trust the dealership to do the jetting for me instead of myself. I'm very mechanically knowledgeable, but that's mostly with cars, but I can pretty much figure it out, as long as i'm steered in the right direction. Also, will adding these things COMPLETELY void my warranty? Or only void it if something I added caused the problem? Oh and my elevation is 1290ft.

Hoping to make up for the weight difference and then some with the performance parts as well. All opinions/suggestions are GREATLY appreciated as I am VERY new to the quad industry. I'm thinking with the additional weight since it's on the bottom, that i might be a little more stable, and possibly corner better. Thanks for everything in advance!

Brady