Sign in to follow this  

Hard to Start

hey guys has anyone had any problems starting there bike from cold, I've riden the it twice, when it was new it started first or second go and now it;s a pig to start, once started it's fine and if i stop it it will start no problems, only when it's cold and haven't run it for a few days.thanks for your replys.:bonk:

Mine was hard to start all of the time until i jetted it.

I put in a 140 main and a 45 slow jets. starts fine and the idle works like it should.

i had already done that and it was fine until now, last time i went out it took 15 minutes to start it.once it's started it's fine.:bonk:

140 and 42 rejet-starts alot better but when cold if it doesn't fire after a few kicks i start using the hot start and it really helps- i guess it is just a air/fuel mix thing

if it isnt a jetting issue, have you checked your valves..tight valves will have an affect on starting...

need more info, like how many hours on the bike?etc

hey guys has anyone had any problems starting there bike from cold, I've riden the it twice, when it was new it started first or second go and now it;s a pig to start, once started it's fine and if i stop it it will start no problems, only when it's cold and haven't run it for a few days.thanks for your replys.:bonk:

With my bike it was just getting the routine down. These bikes are very cold

blooded. My bike is completely stock.

What worked for me; bike sitting a day or so-choke on, 2-4 full twist of throttle.

Bike sitting a week or more-choke on, 10+ full twists of throttle.

Before I started doing this I could kick it or try to push start it till I had a heart attack & it still wouldn't fire until I gave it MORE FUEL. More fuel rather than less.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, yeh more fuel helped, twisted throttle about four times and away she goes, thanks again.:bonk: