Got Brembo?

What parts (P#'s) were needed top do the conversion and where did you source them. What was the parts cost?

Is that a different disk too?

You will need fork lugs from an RM - the post by Nate has the years. You will also need some custom machine work done for a spacer. The part #'s and prices I will have to get back to you on.

320 Brembo disk.

i like it!

Thanks!

Cool setup, but I see the OEM fork brake mount is still on the fork, I though the whole idea behind having radial mount brake caliper is to have stronger connection between the caliper and forkleg.. by using a caliper adapter to mount the radial brake caliper, the braking force is still limited by horizontal strength of the bolts holding the brake caliper adapter.. though I've never seen a brake caliper bolt snap due to excessive braking force.

Cool setup, but I see the OEM fork brake mount is still on the fork, I though the whole idea behind having radial mount brake caliper is to have stronger connection between the caliper and forkleg.. by using a caliper adapter to mount the radial brake caliper, the braking force is still limited by horizontal strength of the bolts holding the brake caliper adapter.. though I've never seen a brake caliper bolt snap due to excessive braking force.

Until a fork lug comes out that will allow me to take full advantage, I can live with this.

What year RM is the lug from, which model, a 250? I would have to source a complete inner tube, unless the lug is available seperately, correct? I have never taken a USD fork apart. How is the lug attached?

The spacer is for what, the caliper?

I want all the sorid details.

This is the first big brake I have seen for a SM that I like that uses stockish forks. I saw one other but the had big $$ Ohlins on it.

What year RM is the lug from, which model, a 250? I would have to source a complete inner tube, unless the lug is available seperately, correct? I have never taken a USD fork apart. How is the lug attached?

The spacer is for what, the caliper?

I want all the sorid details.

This is the first big brake I have seen for a SM that I like that uses stockish forks. I saw one other but the had big $$ Ohlins on it.

Mine are from an 01'125 - other years can work (47mm Showa). Look for a post by Natethegreat he has a pretty detailed post regarding RM fork differences. Correct, I dont believe you can get just the lugs (you need both sides). I had the shop swap them during a revalve - they screw on. Or you could use the entire lower tubes. The spacer is for the wheel (brake side) - the lugs are different then the stock units and there is more of a distance so in order to center it you will need to get one made up.

5mm - other year lugs may be different. Keep that in mind.

I understand.

I did a seach in the TT classifieds, no listing for forks. Did a retail price check on RM inner tubes, Yowzza - $356/Each.

Might be cheaper and easier to simply make a new lug out of billet. Plus I'd be able to use the true radial mount. A simple project that is complex to execute. Down at the bottom of the 'To Do' list.

I understand.

I did a seach in the TT classifieds, no listing for forks. Did a retail price check on RM inner tubes, Yowzza - $356/Each.

Might be cheaper and easier to simply make a new lug out of billet. Plus I'd be able to use the true radial mount. A simple project that is complex to execute. Down at the bottom of the 'To Do' list.

ebay is your friend here.