why us boys do it?

Ya know, I just got that new 07 sm and sure I would like to make it go faster but why do most of us guys take a brand new toy and tear it apart and start putting things on it that you just paid big bucks for at the dealer that already has those things on it???? We take a brand new carb off to put a $500 carb on it??? We take a brand new exhaust off to put a brand new $400 exhaust on it???? so on and so on! Wouldn't it be nice if we could special order our toys from the dealer with what we want on it from the getgo!:bonk:

why do most of us guys take a brand new toy and tear it apart and start putting things on it that you just paid big bucks for at the dealer that already has those things on it???? :bonk:

Because we can:thumbsup: :bonk::naughty: , besides, what else would we spend our money on, something responsible like a 401K or kids college fund:confused: :D

CC

Wouldn't it be nice if we could special order our toys from the dealer with what we want on it from the getgo!:bonk:

Yes... but in my case I would have needed to consult an Oracle to figure out what I wanted a year after buying it.

My use cases along with what I'm learning are still morphing...

Man, modding is half the fun! Ive never owned a vehicle that I didnt mod something!:bonk:
It is a form of therapy!:bonk:

You guys hit the nail right on the head!! I'ts also a good way to pass the time when you can't ride, and it keeps me out of trouble.:naughty::D

because a dstealer can't sell a bike with non-steetable exhaust and carb(cali)! and most pso's dont know the difference! :bonk:

I thought Eddie had sold some brand new bikes with fresh mods from where he works??? I remember that post about 6 months ago -- another big motor is born -- or something like that.

a bike like this needs to be customized, c'mon with that rear fender pokin at the sky and that badass near slick lookin' tire hangin out back and suspension that says "screw traffic, i'm outta here!".......first a few cosmetics then the fcr, full yosh and 3x3 and we are wheel standin from light to light!

Where are you at in Ohio? Maybe we could meet up and swap rides. I would like to ride your stock bike to compair to mine that has several engine mods. I kind of pieced mine together one change at a time and forgot what my bike was like in "stock" form. Its almost an addiction, once you start its hard to stop.

Most all of the responses above apply for me.

Because I can

Because it is therapy for me, I like wrenching, it’s almost instant gratification

Because I have had MODITIS for many years now. Nothing I own remains stock for long.. Toy Hauler, Bikes, 05 mustang, and the wife’s daily driver F350 Crew Cab Long Bed , PSD.

I like wrenching and building, I have the tools and ability to do all that plus fabricate, weld, ect ect. Building my last trailer was an exercise in, Fun. I saved very little in $$ but ended up with a one off, heavy duty 4 bike trailer that had all the custom bits I wanted built by myself and a friend in just a few days, And it needed nothing added on once it went out the shop door.