Sign in to follow this  

rode my first really nasty trails last weekend

i went with a friend that loves to ride at this place thats got some pretty nasty trails. it had rained for 4 days and im an almost pure track rider. the guy that had the bike before me was too so he dropped a tooth on the rear sprocket, not helping the trail situation. but after some serious clutch abuse and throttle control, i went up and down hills covered with 200lb rock while water was running down them. i feel like its a large accomplishment, but thats just me...

so....are you a converted off-roader now or still track?

I run a 13/50 gear that works great for most situation, single track and track riding. Only down fall...high speed 5th gear long sections (not many around though)

i went with a friend that loves to ride at this place thats got some pretty nasty trails. it had rained for 4 days and I'm an almost pure track rider. the guy that had the bike before me was too so he dropped a tooth on the rear sprocket, not helping the trail situation. but after some serious clutch abuse and throttle control, i went up and down hills covered with 200lb rock while water was running down them. i feel like its a large accomplishment, but thats just me...

Sounds like fun. We have a couple of places like that in Washington. I don't like to ride like that all of the time but from time to time it is very fun.

I bet it will easier next time for you.

Whoop!

Paul

sounds like fun! yeah trail ridin and hills and stuff can definatly give you an adrenalin rush