Sign in to follow this  

Carb problems

Sorry for posting this same thread a couple days ago, but I know someone out there can help me. Maybe the title of my post was confusing or vague.

The throttle cable cover on the carb of my '02 WR250F is missing and I need to replace it. The cover conceals the throttle cable and the actuator the cable wraps around, which is on the kickstarter side of the carb. I've looked up the microfiche but I cannot identify the part and part number - the microfiche is looking at the carb from the opposite side. It looks like I need the cover and a small bolt.

I have a picture but don't know how to get it in my post. If someone wants me to e-mail it to them, I certainly will, just PM me.

Again, my apologies for re-posting. If nobody responds this time, I promise not to try again. Thanks.

Interesting. I have searched through all the possible microfiches available to me and found nothing. Only thing listed is related carburator parts, but no covers. It seems like once you loose it your screwed. Best bet would be ebay, but even still no one will want to sell you the cover on its own.

Looks like the old Plastic bag and elastic trick is the way to go...lol or call your dealer for suggestions. I also didnt find any trick aftermarket cover either...

Good luck :bonk:

Let me know how you make out...

On page 114 in your owner's manual it is called the "throttle cable cover" but there is no part number for it on the parts fiche. The carburetor is a Keihin FCR-MX 37, good luck finding that part.

Don't forget the o-ring seal that goes with it! I think it's got a drain hose and clamp as well.

I'm not seeing the o-ring. Which number is it?