Sign in to follow this  

sx 250f or sx 125?????

compared to yall, since this is a fourstroke websight yall will prolly think that the 250 is better

but if there is ne 2 stroke and 4stroke people out there who have rode these bikes plz tell me how much of a difference there is in them and which 1 would u rather have?

I sold my 125 to get the 250f, I've rode both bikes and the 125 is a good bike dont get me wrong, but the 250f is alot faster, handles better, and is overall better

Disagree about stock bike speed and handling, but it takes a very good rider to keep a 125 on the boil enough to go as fast as a 250f. If you are a novice then a 125 will teach you to carry momentum and good corner speed.

If you are looking for a bike that is easy to ride and will be fast in almost all situations get a 250f. Same to if you are over 165lbs get the 250f.

I have ridden both and yes you feel the extra weight of the 250f both in the corners and on the brakes but you can be a little lazy on a 250f and it will pull you around the track fine. 125's take comittment and lots of energy to ride fast.

Both bikes are about the same speed in a drag race on flat ground with good traction, but the 250f has a big advantage on hills and slippy conditions because of the torque and power delivery.

Remember the 250f will take more to maintain in both time and money.

preciate it yall i have now rode both of them and i definatly like my 125 better

125 will make a better rider out of you and cost 1/2 as much to ride! If you parents are tight on cash I would rather have a 125 and a fresh tire then a 250 with a worn out one cuase I just blew the budget on engine work

naw man the next thing imma get is a 144sx

i already had a 125

i can keep it rollen good on trails

but i think the next thing imma get is def. a 125

My 2007 ktm 250 sxf would blow away a 144, 150, and a 167. Talk about 3rd and 4th gear wheelies:crazy:

Talk about denial!? Watch and learn:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mUtiYQX0x8U

We have the right to choose until the communists take our rights away. Until then each engine type has it's purpose, advantages and disadvantages.:excuseme::applause:

I guess what you are referring to is at 1:50 when the crappy rider on the 250sxf for some odd reason cuts the inside line real sharp on the inside loses all his speed and the 144sx has all his momentum moving through the smooth outside line and has that 144 pinned and the guy on the 250f hits gas (and its not even wide open if you listen to the sound of the engine) and gains all the momentum back and the 144 and the 250f go over the jump side by side with the 250f still pullin:worthy: .

I've ridden both bikes and you can feel how much power and torque the 250f has compared to the 144sx, dont get me wrong the 144sx is a fast bike for a two stroke, but the 2007 ktm 250 sxf is still faster, why do you think they allowed the 125's to be bored out to 144's, because the 250f's were so much faster and they still are. I've ridden both trust me the 250f is faster in a drag, up a hill, through a deep berm, you name it and the 250f would beat the 144. Man, talk about denial:bonk:

You guys are getting way too deep into this. As you pretty much said ( the momentum and inside lines ) proves that it's more rider than bike. With the bikes so close in power, an average rider can't feel the difference. The powerbands may be different, but either way you're getting there in a hurry with either bike.

I guess what you are referring to is at 1:50 when the crappy rider on the 250sxf for some odd reason cuts the inside line real sharp on the inside loses all his speed and the 144sx has all his momentum moving through the smooth outside line and has that 144 pinned and the guy on the 250f hits gas (and its not even wide open if you listen to the sound of the engine) and gains all the momentum back and the 144 and the 250f go over the jump side by side with the 250f still pullin:worthy: .

I've ridden both bikes and you can feel how much power and torque the 250f has compared to the 144sx, dont get me wrong the 144sx is a fast bike for a two stroke, but the 2007 ktm 250 sxf is still faster, why do you think they allowed the 125's to be bored out to 144's, because the 250f's were so much faster and they still are. I've ridden both trust me the 250f is faster in a drag, up a hill, through a deep berm, you name it and the 250f would beat the 144. Man, talk about denial:bonk:

Why do you think the AMA won't let the ktm 144 race against the 250f's ??

&%$#@! rufaster do you like being a douchebag or something in your garage you have a 125 so why do you hate them so much are you a kid that follow fads and think you have the best or something.i have both and i hate the four stroke it so boring

BTW the AMA will let the 144sx race the 250f's because of the power difference between the 125 and 250f's, atleast for 2007 that was what it was. Thats why ktm made the 144sx in the first place.

Your wrong.

The AMA rules will only allow an overbored 125 (up to 144)

to race against 250f's in amateur competition.

In professional racing you can only race a 125 against

the 250f's .

The ktm 144 is a unique bike to itself w/ different

bore & stroke than ktm's 125.

Ktm petitioned the AMA to allow it's144 to race against the 250f's

for 07' & got shot down.

p.s. rufaster , grow up !

Oh yeah, let me tell ya ( What a dumbass) :applause::excuseme:😛 :p 😛

you sure are happy w/that hammer lol