Sign in to follow this  

oring on end of air fuel screw

Do you guys know where I can get one it's for my 07 yz250f I've tried my local honda shop and they said they weren't the same carb. Can I ride without it or else I'm gonna look for it in my basement

Without it your asking for problems. All the fuel screw O-Rings are the same for all the FCR carbs.

Without it your asking for problems. All the fuel screw O-Rings are the same for all the FCR carbs.

Honda, Yammie, Kawie it doesn't matter. Same O-ring. You sometimes have to nag the parts guy to just pull the part. Too many of them are clueless and if it isn't in their computer, they can't/won't do anything.

Ask for the Service Mgr if not getting any help.

I bet a extended fuel screw would have the spring and oring.. :bonk: i know zipty now comes with them.

If you ride without the oring, the screw will fall out. I am pretty sure they are all the same regardless of make.

Kawasaki makes one seperatly I can't seem to find the part number though. Sorry but have the parts guy look it up for you. It is for the pilot circuit.

If you ride without the oring, the screw will fall out. I am pretty sure they are all the same regardless of make.

The tension from the spring keeps the screw from falling out. The O-Ring keeps air from being sucked in. :bonk:

The tension from the spring keeps the screw from falling out. The O-Ring keeps air from being sucked in. :bonk:

Wrong.

The o-ring helps keep the f/s in place the spring keeps tension on the o-ring. if you do not use the o-ring the f/s will back itself out. I have had this happen to me and as soon as I replaced the o-ring the screw stopped backing out. :naughty:

Try http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/index.cfm. I'm sure they have them.

I can't find the o-ring on that site.

JDjetting.com - JDKH07 - $8.95, or you might want to try the TT store.

Another place to buy washer/O-ring/spring for 4.99 is: http://www.stealthracingtech.com/catalog.htm

"Part Number FCR-SET"

I got mine from sudco direct:

Keihin part nimber.............."description".............pric e

KE 021.041.......................1290-812 spring.......$2.31 ea

KE 021.042.......................16075-KG8 O-Ring.....$0.63 ea

KE 021.045........................0301-803 washer......$0.53 ea

The down side is a $15 minimum order, and about $9 in shipping....

Those things are pretty easy to loose...

• Like 1

Wrong.

The o-ring helps keep the f/s in place the spring keeps tension on the o-ring. if you do not use the o-ring the f/s will back itself out. I have had this happen to me and as soon as I replaced the o-ring the screw stopped backing out.

Air will not enter the carb from the fuel screw. :naughty:

All three pieces have to be installed for the correct operation of the pilot circuit. The o-ring needs the washer to keep the spring from tearing it up. The spring is needed to hold tension on the screw SO IT WILL NOT FALL OUT.

And if the screw was missing it should suck air (vacuum leak), anytime there is an opening between the throttle plate and the intake there is suction created. :bonk:

All three pieces have to be installed for the correct operation of the pilot circuit. The o-ring needs the washer to keep the spring from tearing it up. The spring is needed to hold tension on the screw SO IT WILL NOT FALL OUT.

This is what i said. :bonk:

This is what i said. :naughty:

By reading your post, I thought you meant that the o-ring is what holds the screw in place.... which is not exactly true, because without the spring holding tension on the screw, the screw would back out.

This is giving me a headache... :bonk:

Everybody just take a deep breath......:bonk::naughty::D:bonk:

The poor guy just asked where he could get an o-ring and if he could ride without it. We have provided him several places to get the part he needs and I am sure it is clear that he can not ride without the o-ring in place.

He didn't ask for the theory of carburation to be explained.

Can't we all just get along. 😛

By reading your post, I thought you meant that the o-ring is what holds the screw in place.... which is not exactly true, because without the spring holding tension on the screw, the screw would back out.

This is giving me a headache... :bonk:

um.....ok. :naughty:

I can't find the o-ring on that site.

JDjetting.com - JDKH07 - $8.95, or you might want to try the TT store.

Another place to buy washer/O-ring/spring for 4.99 is: http://www.stealthracingtech.com/catalog.htm

"Part Number FCR-SET"

I got mine from sudco direct:

Keihin part nimber.............."description".............pric e

KE 021.041.......................1290-812 spring.......$2.31 ea

KE 021.042.......................16075-KG8 O-Ring.....$0.63 ea

KE 021.045........................0301-803 washer......$0.53 ea

The down side is a $15 minimum order, and about $9 in shipping....

Those things are pretty easy to loose...

I found all these o-rings on their site, here: http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/O-Rings_C376.cfm

Not sure which sizes are for what though.

Good info on other sources!

Everybody just take a deep breath......:naughty::D:bonk:😛

The poor guy just asked where he could get an o-ring and if he could ride without it. We have provided him several places to get the part he needs and I am sure it is clear that he can not ride without the o-ring in place.

He didn't ask for the theory of carburation to be explained.

Can't we all just get along. 😛

I wasn't trying to explain the theory of carburation, the only thing I was pointing out to people is that you need to have the o-ring. I am happy can't you tell by my avatar? 😛😛:bonk:

Ummmmmm. . . . hardware store or autoparts store. Some sell O-ring assortments with a whole bunch of different sizes. They come in handy.

You could also try the dealer for your particular bike.

Dave