Sign in to follow this  

Carb Issue???

OK, I pulled my carb off last night and put on a quickshot - seemed pretty straight forward to do. In order to pull the carb I removed the throttle positioning sensor - a screw and a cap, put it back on no problem.

Now I was just reading my manual on how to fix the hot start button issue that I was having and found...

CAUTION:

DO NOT LOOSEN THE SCREWS (THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR) EXCEPT WHEN CHANGING THE THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR DUE TO FAILURE BECAUSE IT WILL CASE A DROP IN ENGINE PERFORMANCE.

Did I just screw something up?? I did take a picture of the carb before I pulled it off - I zoomed in to look at where the sensor was before and put it back in (roughly) the same place.

I am so not a mechanic :bonk:😛 :p :bonk::naughty::D

You may want to just check the voltage to make sure you put it back in the same location. It can cause a drop in performance if you do not have it set correctly. Your manual will tell you the voltage. I believe it is the blue and yellow wire you have to probe while the bike is idling at 1700rpms. At least thats the way my YZ250 is...

T

How do they expect you to remove the carb if you can not remove this sensor?

How do they expect you to remove the carb if you can not remove this sensor?

What type of bike or make of carb? On my yz426 it has an electrical plug that I disconnect to remove the carb.

On my CRF250 there is a plug about 8 inches down the wire.. not right at the sensor.. follow the wire.. but that won't help you now.. You will have to start it up first to find out I guess...