Sign in to follow this  

Review of Bill's Pipes on DRZ with video and sound

Read an article while back in Transworld Motocross (or maybe it was Racer X) about Bill's Pipes and their head guy, Bill Cerva. He's known for his work on RMZ250's, but also has asystem or slip on for the DRZ. Then I saw a good deal on e-bay for a Bill's Pipes slip on and thought I'd try it out. I know Yosh and Muzzy are tried and true, but I like being different...

I haven't found much searching posts for Bill's Pipes, so after my first ride today, my thoughts:

• Quality so far is excellent
  • Easy to install (any slip on should be)
  • Looks bad ass!:bonk:
  • Sounds throaty, especially as you rev it up, but I got the 96 db insert so it is acceptable
  • Performance? Yea, it feels a bit snappier and low end feels better. Maybe it's just the new roar under seat.
  • The header pipe mates with the slip on, so after a few more rides, if it stays strong, I'll get the head pipe too.
  • Today it had minor pops on deceleration, so I'll check for air gaps, but the popping wasn't that bad.:D
  • I had questions for Bill's Pipes (needed the 96db insert and wanted to inquire about the head pipe) and was surprised to have Bill Cerva himself respond to my e-mails. Customer service was fast and good!:naughty:

Check out the look and sound yourself:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5568593583468227762

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=38707

The small diameter of the midpipe and the muffler (that's the skinniest muffler I've ever seen!) means that you'll have a ton of bottom end but it will run out of breath upper mid to top. It should do better than stock though...ride it like ya stole it!