Sign in to follow this  

Never seen this before...

I was riding woods with a newbie about 82 degrees out. We were crawling but working the motor hard. We stopper to size up a rutty hill for him and noticed my coolant reservoir boiling. I've seen that before so I know to let it cool down and leave his ass and get some air to pass by the engine. I also saw bubbles coming up from the tank vent tube. No fuel leaked out but you could see the vapors gushing out of that tube. What is that? Because the tank is right above the cylinder, was the fuel close to a boil? What........

r

I would think it would be vapor. The gas was heating up and you just the vapor escaping. I would be more concerned about the engine heat and yoy coolant.

I have boiled the gasoline in my tank before, something I didn't know was possible.

We had made a quick stop after coming through swampy area that was very overgrown, and when I shut off the bike I could hear bubbling.

I thought it was the coolant, but after checking everything over, it sounded like it was coming from the gas tank. When I got the gas cap off, sure enough.. the fuel was boiling in the tank.

I've had others tell me I am full of it, but I have no reason to lie. I've boiled gas on a trail ride :bonk: