Sign in to follow this  

Dubinky,Whites Wash,Moab

Heres a post I copied from motoutah.com by Alan J. Peterson

"Do you enjoy recreation in the Moab, Dubinky, Ten Mile Wash, White Wash, areas?

If so, are you willing to get involved in the planning process for the management of the public lands? The Moab Field Office is conducting a Resource Management Plan Update. This will dictate what YOU can and CAN NOT do for the next 10-15 years. Here's an update from Blue Ribbon Coalition. This message asks you to prepare yourself for the battle.

**************************************************************************************************** ******

Out of concern that rumors about may get out of control, I've pasted part of a analysis BRC working on for the BLM RMP and Travel Plan revision. This is a working draft of some information BRC will be releasing on Tuesday. It is not the final version and is subject to change.

Many of the single track trails folks have mentioned in emails are open in at least one of the preliminary alternatives. These include the Tubes and the Dead Cow loop (these are actually the same route) Guys Trail to the Geyser, Mary's Trail, The Enduro Loop and many others.

That's the good news. The bad news is only one of the popular trails out of Rabbit Valley are on the map (Mel's Loop). Many other trails that exist on the Utah Colorado border are left off as well. Moab BLM staff insist that this is a mapping error. We’ll see. There is no way to really tell until the DEIS comes out. So tell everyone to keep their powder dry. The DEIS won’t be out till later this summer.

The preliminary maps are on BLM's website here: http://www.blm.gov/rmp/ut/moab/mapsaccompanyingalternatives.htm"

Thanks for posting Alan!

This looks pretty alarming to me. They have one alternative in the OHV category that leaves everything pretty much the way it is, but all the other alternatives are very restrictive. Most alarming is that there are only three alternatives for "motorcycle routes" and one consolidated alternative:

http://www.blm.gov/rmp/ut/moab/mapsaccomanyingalternatives/Map-2-11-E-designated-motorcycle-routes.pdf

You'd know better, but this looks like it cuts out about 80% of the the "identified" trails.

It sure looks to me that unless they go with OHV Categories Alternative A, there are going to be a lot of restrictions/limitations in your area.

What's the GRMA position on all this?

Keep us posted on what we can do to help!

dj