Sign in to follow this  

Jetting And other Question

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/vinman1513/HUSABERGPICS006.jpg

throwing out a couple of questions

im at 2000 ft elevation , i ride between 2000 and 4000 ft . the bike came from the east coast , im thinking sealevel .i fired it up for the first time with the choke , and it ran fine . once i removed the choke it seemed to run real lean . can any one throw some numbers at me as far as jetting , should i go with a larger main ? change , raise or lower the needle?.

is this the correct routing for the clutch cable, it seems kinda funny .

HUSABERGPICS009.jpg

it also looks like the clutch cable rubs against the intake manifold . is this common ?

thanks in advance for any information provided , its been a long time since ive owned a 2 stroke . looking forward to some serious fun....:bonk::naughty::D:bonk:😛 :p

ok , a quick update . i pulled the throttle stop out and installed the 35 jet , it had a 15 in it . man what a difference that made . im thinking at 2000 ft im going to need something like a 380 main , now that i pulled the 15 out it seems to run a tad ritch . looks like it was jetted from the factory super lean . didnt mess with the needle . it was in the 3rd pos. shes almost there .

clutch cable I am pretty sure goes in front of your handlebar not between the crossbar. Jetting I am still lost on, but definitely not a 15 pilot.

35 pilot, 380 main, and the optional fat on top needle from Sudco (I can't remember the number) work great in open desert situations like Nevada.

Thanks all . the clutch cable seems a little short to go infront of the plate but ,,,,,, i will give it a try thisevening ..

thx racer x and husky tone ... im calling sudco now ...