Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis cyclops

Thinking of putting a different headlight on my sm. Ive seen a few pics of the acerbis cyclops, just wondering if I could get some feedback from some users on it. Have used other motocross style stuff and found they are not too good in the dark!!:D I believe these lights are road legal, which is a bonus having had problems before. Would be intrested to hear what they are like for night use.:bonk::naughty:

I have had this headlight mounted for a year, and I am unhappy with it from a performance perspective. It looks alright, but doesn't look as awesome as I had hoped.

It mounts easy enough, but it is very flexible on it's mounting setup, and I find I am always adjusting it after riding trails.

It is not as bright as I had hoped either, but some folks have modified theirs with other bulbs and such, mine is stock.

There is also a diode modification that enables running both lights at once, but I have not done this because I am looking to replace the headlight.

I am currently looking at Baja Designs setups, I cannot afford the HID but the halogen setups are fairly nice aswell.

i have a cyclops and really like it.the stock h3 bulbs arn't very briught but i replaced mine with eurostars(4800k)they are extreamly bright.i have also done the diode mod and on hi beam it (in my opinion)is better than the stocker.the only fault i find with it is that if your jumping big the straps that hold the light on sometimes come out of the little mounts but thats an easy fix

Cheers mickeydee, good to get feedback from a + side as well.

Not into big jumps anymore, but do a lot of weelies would this have the same effect on the straps do you think?:bonk: and how easy are the mods on the headlight?

i had an acerbis diamond chromy on my superhawk ,it mounted with the same goofy straps , I did a million wheelies and it never came off ,but it wouldnt mount to my forks so i had to build a custom bracket with simulated fork tubes.

Cheers mickeydee, good to get feedback from a + side as well.

Not into big jumps anymore, but do a lot of weelies would this have the same effect on the straps do you think?:bonk: and how easy are the mods on the headlight?

do wheelies all the time and had no problem.someone here has adapted the stock headlight bracket to the cyclops so it would not come apart but i don't remember who it was

I just fitted mine yesterday. I kinda like the weird looks of it. The lighting is pretty decent too...garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=38778

Looks mean...:bonk: Have you tried it at night yet? Is it still standard & not had the bulb and wire trick??? Intrested to know:ride:

I just got mine a few days ago - it looks great.. Going to do the resistor mod & HID it - anyone upgrade theres to high intensity bulb ?

Lata