Rear tyre suggestion PLZZ

Hi everyone.

Its now time to replace the old deathwing on my Dr650.

Its a road only affair, so can you guys recommend a nice rear?

Its starting to warm up in the UK and i see MR Sportsbike is starting to creep out.

Help me slay the Sportsbike with new rubber and a silly lean angle!! LoL

Thx in advance :bonk:

Ride safe

Hows this for lean angle? Running Pirelli Scorpion S/T. Bought stock size first, just installed 130 on the rear after having the last one on for 5700 miles. Only been on the bike for 200 miles so far so too early to tell if the bigger tire is making any difference yet. The stock trailwing only lasted 4000 miles.

Picture052.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Thx alot guys for the input.

Sorry for gettin back to you all rather late (got hands full at home at the mo)

Nice lean angle there turbinetech2 :bonk:

Did you guys stay with the original Rear tyre width?

Thx again all

Ride Safe!

im using a 140 80 17 Pirelli Sport Demon tire. so far i like alot. pretty sick lean angle (keeps with buddys CBR600 through twisties) i ride only tarmac and even in the wet its pretty sticky.

Chaparral has them at a fairly reasonable price also.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/product_family.asp?family%5Fid=4440&gift=False&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D456%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D%2CStreet%20Tires%2FWheels&1=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D166%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tree%3D0%2CPirelli%20Street%20Tires&mscssid=959DCB4B7FBE4219B4E4D9597BE88B96

-Chris

im not tarded so i kept my 21" front :bonk: jk. i just dint have the money to install a 17 up front. im running a dunlop elite 3 up front stock size 90-90-21. i was leary about mixing different tires also but its really tough to find a decent pair of street/sport tires to fit our sizes. i found the dunlop is pretty close in tread design and so far havent had any problems what-so-ever. The bike is stable even at 85-90mph and it handles brilliantly on the street.

that elite 3 can also be had from chaparral, they were the cheapest i could find for the pair of tires.

chris

• 2 weeks later...
Hows this for lean angle? Running Pirelli Scorpion S/T. Bought stock size first, just installed 130 on the rear after having the last one on for 5700 miles. Only been on the bike for 200 miles so far so too early to tell if the bigger tire is making any difference yet. The stock trailwing only lasted 4000 miles.

Picture052.jpg

Picture028.jpg

hi all.

Im gonna go with the Scorpion st's.

Quick question TurbineTech2, which rating did you go with the H(210km/h) or the S rated tyres.

Im considering going with the S(180km/h) rated because in all honesty i never see faster than 80mph on my DR650 with my gearing plus the extra cost for a pair of tyres to go to the H rating isnt funny..

Let me know what your thoughts are ?