Sign in to follow this  

2006 Cr250

I just got a great deal on a left over 06 CR 250. I was on the fence with buying a 4 stroke, but, with the price and my love of the 2 strokes I couldn't pass it up. Any concerns with the newer 250's? I know the usual, Honda stopped doing the R&D, it's the same bike from 04 on up except for the graphics. I will use the bike mainly for trails. Any suggetions or things I need to be aware of? Thnks.

I just got a great deal on a left over 06 CR 250. I was on the fence with buying a 4 stroke, but, with the price and my love of the 2 strokes I couldn't pass it up. Any concerns with the newer 250's? I know the usual, Honda stopped doing the R&D, it's the same bike from 04 on up except for the graphics. I will use the bike mainly for trails. Any suggetions or things I need to be aware of? Thnks.
:D 05' and up are the same. Some major improvement have been done from 04' to 05' (just for you to know). Do you got the bike or you're still thinking?

The bike will need some tweaking to be really trail friendly (heavier flywheel, gear, reed...). Whatever they are doing to make it trail friendly. Some leave en stock even for trail though. :naughty:

If you already got it, ride it around and see for yourself. May I recommend you to check your user manual and buy all the jets concerning your elevation and temperature range. Even a step smaller also, since the book like to be on the rich side. Don't let it leak oil out of the pipe/joint (too rich)! :bonk:

Edit:

I an idiot, should have looked your avatar. 😛

Welcome on TT! :bonk:

Thanks crazyced!!! Yup, as you can see I already bought it. I haven't ridden it yet. Hopefully this week :bonk: I can't wait to see what it can do!!