Sign in to follow this  

cheap(er) aftermarket lighting solution?

Hello:

I ride my 05' 450SX in two different states/provinces. Montana does not require lights, but Alberta does --- just a headlight and a tail light.

Okay, I am not doing any night racing (ie do not need Baja Design type hi output). I will require a system to keep the govt. happy, and get me home if I stay out too late on the trail...but I do not want to break the bank.

And, I do not want to duct tape a flashlight or bicycle stuff on my orange beauty!

I have been calling around, and to stick an EXC type system into my SX is around $500, and a battery operated system is $350...

Help!

Does anyone know of a better solution or place to buy parts?

How long does a 12V battery hold its charge?

Thanks.

Hello:

I ride my 05' 450SX in two different states/provinces. Montana does not require lights, but Alberta does --- just a headlight and a tail light.

Okay, I am not doing any night racing (ie do not need Baja Design type hi output). I will require a system to keep the govt. happy, and get me home if I stay out too late on the trail...but I do not want to break the bank.

And, I do not want to duct tape a flashlight or bicycle stuff on my orange beauty!

I have been calling around, and to stick an EXC type system into my SX is around $500, and a battery operated system is $350...

Help!

Does anyone know of a better solution or place to buy parts?

How long does a 12V battery hold its charge?

Thanks.

The better battery powered HID single helmet light systems will run about 4 hours on a single charge. You'll drop about $300.00 for a Niterider Enduro setup that comes with light, battery, mount and cable, and it's worth every penny. They even make a bar mount that adapts easily onto dirtbike bars so you can switch it to a handlebar mount if you prefer.