Sign in to follow this  

rear brake pads

Just got done putting rear brakes on. Bled them good and put some fresh fluid through them. Do you guys notice that when the pads are worn a bit the pedal goes down pretty far. I forgot whats normal but this pedal goes down far before they lock up tight. The piston has to go out a good amount.:bonk:

That doesn't sound right to me. Even with worn pads, you shouldn't have to depress the pedal far. Are you sure you bled it well enough?

I am going to keep bleeding and try to find this air bubble. I inspected everything and I don't think any seals are bad. The brake worked fine the last time I rode it. Of course there's a problem when I put it back on.:bonk:

What a pain. I guess you really need to be patient with these little guys. I just kept pushing fresh fluid through it and then saw a few tiny bubbles in my clear hose. Whenever I bleed I use a water bottle and clear hose. I have never had such a problem getting these brakes to tighten up like I did today.

I was just about to crack that banjo bolt to see if the bubble was hiding there but he finally snuck out.

By the time I was done I basically changed the fluid in the rear. I suppose I should do it on the front now. I never did it on this bike to be honest- never felt the need- whenever my front felt squishy I just tied the lever overnight and topped it off (TJ).:bonk: