How much should I sell for?

Hello,

I would like to know how much I should sell my 2005 blue DRZ-125. First, I will post some pics.

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

This bike is in good condition. It needs new tires, plastic, graphics, handle bars, and a few other things. By the time I sell it I'm planning to fix all those problems. It will also get a good wash too. So do you guys have any ideas about how much I should sell for. I was thinking around $1500 maybe. I am planing to buy a 1998-2000 125 two stroke with the money I get from selling it.:bonk:

$1500 sounds like a stretch,Alex.....there are dealers with holdovers here in IN and OH with '06's at $1800 & $1900. As long as no prospective buyers

find a similar offer in your area,and you clean/refurb it a bit,you might come close to that amount......good luck

Sam in IN

Okay thanks. Today I took all the plastic and wheels off and the front frame connector. I painted the connector because it was really rusty. I have some

2000 grit sand paper I will wet sand the plastic and polish it. I in the process of cleaning the chassis and painting the rusty spots. I am also buy new bars, grips, levers, tires, and brakes. I hope when I'm done it will look like new. Then I will work for my dad for a month or so then I will have around $2300 so I can buy a 2000-2004 RM250.

Here are some pics of it now.

Hppics009.jpg

Hppics010.jpg

Hppics011.jpg

Hppics012.jpg

Hppics013.jpg

How's it look? I sorry the pics are blurry I had to use our crappy camera.:bonk:

I was trying to sand/polish the plastic and I noticed its full of 1/8 inch scratches all through it. Its next to impossible to make it look any better. So I was wondering if there is a place where I could get new plastic and how much it would cost. I hope my dealer is not the only place I can get plastic. I'm already painting the rusty parts of the frame to. So, it will look brand new and I hope that makes the buyer want to buy it more also. What do you guys think? I think I'm going to buy the 07 black plastic to because it looks sick.