Sign in to follow this  

The long awaited TC300 report...

great.

did you get it fully broken-in? is it any louder than the stocker?

It's moderately O.K.!

Post fixed.

Since I'm not due for a new bike for another 5 years or so....I can't bring myself to hear how great it is.

But congrats and good for you and your semi-marginally decent bike anyway. I'm glad you are somewhat satisfied with it. :bonk:

paul

Full writeup coming soon i just wanted to let you guys know from my short stint on it it feels like a very responsive 400. Snappy, pulls hard from the bottom to top and brings the front end up 1-4th no problem.

OK, so here is the deal. I got this bike with a few rides already on it. Got a great deal through my favorite shop Taskys (Thanks Mike :bonk:) on the bike and the Athena kit which they have in stock last time i checked. I had Russ Fletcher install the Athena kit and port the head. He said there are good gains to be had on the intake ports. I let Russ do his thing as he has several AMA championships under his belt and i think he knows his way around bikes. He actually was Smails tuner when he won his Husaberg 4 stroke championships.

Anyway this will end up being a series because i have plans for this bike.

As it sits now it's pretty much stock other than a few goodies and of coarse the big motor and porting / performance valve job. i have ridden it around a little test area and it flat rips. Feels more like a KTM400 with a lighter flywheel weight. Very linear power that pulls nice and even from down low and builds to a nice top. have not really got on it being fresh and all but it is obvious it is going to pull harder than any 250F i have ridden, by a good margin. It starts very easy, one or two kits hot or cold. Throttle response it instantaneous, I'm sure a combo if a strong motor, the porting and it being a TC. The stock muffler rocks and is quiet for a MX pipe, heck it's pretty quiet for any pipe.

Tomorrow this thing gets a total flogging to set a baseline and then work begins. I am very stoked with what it is in just the very short time I have tried it. Feels VERY light, flickable and has a snappy motor. Seems like it might want to stall easy but I'm sure I can master that with clutch control and it will only get better with time. Stock jetting seems perfect for near sea level.

here she is almost stock...

pict3683.jpg

pict3678.jpg

pict3679.jpg

• Like 1

Call me old fashioned but I was not sold on the red and white,till I saw some graphics in the unmentionable site in the bike show off section,its a WR in France new at the top and looks VERY AGGRESSIVE,worth a look.

george at uptite just received at least half a dozen of those kits. He was real excited about them . By the way are they close to a full 300 or are they 290. just curious. might that kit be the gdreat set up for the 450 class?? more flickable, lighter, more easily controlled power?? I think everybody is eager to hear a more detailed ride report in the future. :naughty::D:bonk:

Call me old fashioned but I was not sold on the red and white,till I saw some graphics in the unmentionable site in the bike show off section,its a WR in France new at the top and looks VERY AGGRESSIVE,worth a look.

I already got that sorted out and think it is going to look awesome when i get done. We will see. :bonk:

K

I can't wait to see the finished bike. Any thoughts on a Rekluse on a similar bike? I'm thinking my bike world would be pretty good with an '07 WR125 and an '08 TXC 250(if they build them) with a 300 kit and a light kit.

Norman

george at uptite just received at least half a dozen of those kits. He was real excited about them . By the way are they close to a full 300 or are they 290. just curious. might that kit be the gdreat set up for the 450 class?? more flickable, lighter, more easily controlled power?? I think everybody is eager to hear a more detailed ride report in the future. :naughty::D:bonk:

Thats an interesting idea - could a 300 kit be put in a 450?

INFO Only.:bonk: Te-250 bore 76mm/2.99in stroke 55mm/2.17in Te-450 bore 97mm/3.81in stroke 60.76mm/2.39in :naughty:

OK, so here is the deal. I got this bike with a few rides already on it. Got a great deal through my favorite shop Taskys (Thanks Mike :bonk:) on the bike and the Athena kit which they have in stock last time i checked. I had Russ Fletcher install the Athena kit and port the head. He said there are good gains to be had on the intake ports. I let Russ do his thing as he has several AMA championships under his belt and i think he knows his way around bikes. He actually was Smails tuner when he won his Husaberg 4 stroke championships.

Anyway this will end up being a series because i have plans for this bike.

As it sits now it's pretty much stock other than a few goodies and of coarse the big motor and porting / performance valve job. i have ridden it around a little test area and it flat rips. Feels more like a KTM400 with a lighter flywheel weight. Very linear power that pulls nice and even from down low and builds to a nice top. have not really got on it being fresh and all but it is obvious it is going to pull harder than any 250F i have ridden, by a good margin. It starts very easy, one or two kits hot or cold. Throttle response it instantaneous, I'm sure a combo if a strong motor, the porting and it being a TC. The stock muffler rocks and is quiet for a MX pipe, heck it's pretty quiet for any pipe.

Tomorrow this thing gets a total flogging to set a baseline and then work begins. I am very stoked with what it is in just the very short time I have tried it. Feels VERY light, flickable and has a snappy motor. Seems like it might want to stall easy but I'm sure I can master that with clutch control and it will only get better with time. Stock jetting seems perfect for near sea level.

here she is almost stock...

pict3683.jpg

pict3678.jpg

pict3679.jpg

Gas For that:thumbsup: :naughty::D:bonk:😛

Just enjoying this post with the pics and all and that damm MG fire starts again. Will check back later. S

Why would you??

Some people are switching to the 250 from the 450/510 for easier handling in the woods, better mpg, and a few other reasons.

Probably a dumb idea...

OK, did 54 miles on the beast today and... this is hands down the best woods bike I have ever ridden. Yes, I said it. Yes, I mean it. What a fantastic woods weapon. Feels very light, lighter than my YZ250. Has great power, not to much not to little and had no problem with hanging with a 07 WR250 Husky and 06 KTM300. Love the way it turns, better than everything but a 125. Love the stock suspension, feels stiff but does not deflect or get busy. I know it is the honeymoon but WOW I was not expecting it to work as well as it does. And get this, it is the best hill climber I have ever rode. My 03 YZ250F was good as well, this is better, a lot better. The thing is a freaking billy goat. I could motor buy ether of my buddies, and was having fun just picking weird lines and playing on the hills while they were all over the place looking for traction.

OK slow down Kelly... can you tell I'm stoked?

Motor: Fantastic, smooth, good power, short shifts and lugs, up hills, in third. The first 3 miles i was not much liking the bike. Stalling it all the time, just not feeling in rhythm with the bike. Just new bike first real ride stuff. feeling it out. I have been ridding 250 2 strokes and 450's for so long i forgot the 250F style of riding. So after stalling it about 6 times in the first five miles something clicked, I realised I needed to use the throttle and clutch more and WOW, everything fell into place. I did not stall it once the rest of the day. By the end of the day the motor had loosened up noticeably and was gaining bottom end and mid snap. I love the motor, lets you get up nasty rocky loose hills like I have never experienced. One very challenging hill starts out with several stepups and is deep gravel and shale. I blasted it in second and went right up on over. it then turns into tight technical rocky stepups and more loose stuff. The bike just motors right up this stuff with little wheel spin and no drama. AMAZING. Really sweet motor. The 07 WR250 did not make it up this hill and the KTM300 did not try. They went around and met me at the top... king of the hill. :bonk: BTW, it starts easy, 1-2 kicks every time. It also carburates VERY well no bog at all and smooth linear power from bottom to top.

Handling: Fantastic, one of the best ever in my book. flickable, feels like a 125, and never tiring. goes exactly where you point it and makes the trails feel a foot wider. Legendary Husky handling x10.

Suspension: By far the best stock husky suspension i have ever tried. Also one of the best period. I really like it and I'm picky about suspension. For some reason the stock TC250 suspenders work really well for me off road. The front end is slightly stiff but does not deflect and is very controlled. The rear is pure magic. The Ohlins is a magic carpet ride and part of why the bike feels so planted. It is also part of why this thing climbs like it does. The light weight, smooth suspension and smooth but healthy power make this thing clear hills with ease.

Stability: Ridiculous, fly through rock gardens and change lines anywhere. I had to reprogram what I prepare for as stuff just disappears and the bike rails through, no matter what it is.

At the end of the day I felt hero on this bike. I could do no wrong. It was noticeably easy to stay with my ride partners, one of which I ride with alot. It makes the RIGHT amount of power, handles fantastic, suspension is excellent and the ergonomics fit me like a glove. I could not be more happy with this thing.

The bad: Hate the clutch lever, it's a two finger shorty and no matter where i adjusted it the ball end bothered me. Gearing, while it will work and I do like the tight spacing for the technical stuff we ride first is to tall and fifth it to short. I learned to ride around this issue and at the end of the day did not even really notice it. These are nit picks because in reality, I love this bike.

the second half of the ride I felt sorry for my friend Adam as I would roll up and say "did I tell you i love this bike" about 40 times :D I think I'm going to get along with this bike very well :naughty: I had to edit my signature.

pict3689.jpg

pict3690.jpg

pict3718.jpg

pict3733.jpg

Thanks for the awesome report.

I noticed the steering damper in the pics........... where did you get it? wink:thumbsup:

I just picked up an 07 TC 250 last week, not ridden it yet, but hope to soon.:bonk:

I just picked up an 07 TC 250 last week, not ridden it yet, but hope to soon.:naughty:

Your in for a treat! Now call Taskys and get the 300 kit before there gone :bonk: