What oil does everyone run?

.. and for the clutch I use Motul TRANSOIL 10W-30 and change it every 4 hrs. A lot of folk run 10-30W or 10-40W automotive oil but I find it less good on clutch performance and it certainly wears out quicker.

HAve you got that old dog running yet?

Nope. My ignition coil came in today, but the mounting brackets on it do not match the frame brackets :| I'm hoping to have the mechanic help me more with it tomorrow, as of now all the fenders, gas tank and such is off trying to get this old dog to bark.

So far I've bought..

New plugs

New Ignition Coil (universal :|)

EDIT: Is there another CDI module that will work with the RMX? Like an Similar RM model?

Still trying to run down the problem.. :bonk: It seems alot harder to kick now that I have the new coil hooked up to it pretty sure its right, but I left my manual at the house :naughty: lol. I cleaned the electrical connection to the CDI box with WD40 while I had it off.

next stop to get it running if the coil doesn't work is the CDI box I suppose. :D

Only one on ebay, waiting for another to come up for auction.

As far as the oil goes, I haven't been stressed to pick out some. I'll order it in bulk when I do to keep it around. See any good oil in this parts catalog?? I usually order all my stuff from Tucker Rocky.

http://www.suzukiofoakland.com/eshopdetail_cat_2570.Tucker_Rocky_Offroad.htm

Chemical section. I need some Tranny oil and such as well I suppose if anyone has suggestions there as well.

Thanks for all the help. :bonk:

If u don't go with Motul hen the Spectro Synthetic range is also good. Read their blurb on the web .. it is all good informative stuff and explains very clearly why automative oil is not necessarily the righ way to go. Spectro also have a very good customer support dept who actually reply to questions intelligiently!

I'm getting fed up with it. I have no clue what is wrong with it now, Its sparking pretty consistantly, but still is not cranking at all.

I think I'm going to ask around and try to find a shop that can get it running right, its probably going to cost me an arm and a leg, I should have just went and bought a more expensive nicer 2stroke or one of the new 450s.

:bonk::naughty::D:bonk:? :p

Frustrating lol.

Unless you race above a novice level... the oil you use is not extremely relivant, so long as you don't skimp in it. 30:1 or so for non-synthetics, and up to 50:1 for synthetics and blends. If your a recreational rider, I recommend Golden Spectro or any other oil that comes in a container sized to mix w/5 gallons at the proper ratio. People who say they foul more plugs with one brand are usually fouling plugs because they don't stay on the pipe, and just blaming it on the oil!