Sign in to follow this  

Dogr650

Will Suzuki ever come out with a new model that has some real power?

I had a 650 but thinking about getting one of the KTM 950 super enduros. 100 horses and 406 pounds

suzukis model has been out for years... DL1000 ....100 horses and 458 pounds

DL1000, nice bike but too heavy (458) and a little too streetish, for me anyway. Suzuki needs to come out with a new dual sport but will probably be the same models for 2008?

Suzuki seems to update more frequently than say Kawasaki or Honda with the dual sports. That being said, the current DR650 seems to be increasing in sales numbers the older it gets. Why change a good thing? If only it had KLR650 aftermarket support...

I agree with new2vegas, it's about time they put out a new 650 class bike in the LC4/G650 category. 140 kg dry weight, 50 plus ponies and better suspension.

I agree with new2vegas, it's about time they put out a new 650 class bike in the LC4/G650 category. 140 kg dry weight, 50 plus ponies and better suspension.

I suppose you'd want it fuel injected too just to further tear the technical bones away from us dogs knawing on them in our corners?! :bonk::D The DR forum would just end up being a bunch of ride reports Max! How boring would that be? :naughty:

Nothing wrong with a keihin FCR, aye? :bonk:

And if Suzuki would make an injected engine like the new BMW G650 I wouldn't mind, seriously. That engine is really ok.

Suzuki makes 5 different 650s; the DR, DL, SV, Single cyl cruiser POS, and the 100MPH parallel twin scooter but if the dl650 engine could find its' way into a 325 lb DR like bike SWEET. Or a DL1000 cylinder and head on a DR bottom end:thinking: Now there is a winter project good for 50+HP.