Sign in to follow this  

New to, 4-stroke, what do i need to know?

Hey, just got me a CR250F 2005 now, and I have only driven 2-smoke MX/SM bikes before.

And I need to know if there are tings that i need to be awer off.

I know That i have 2 oil cambers. one for the gear oil and one fore the engine oil..

Is there anyting that i need to know abuot these? The guy I bout it from said that i have to refile the ening oil?

When our? how often!

Just tell me everyting I have to do with it, that is espesiali for 4-strokes.

:bonk:

It was not like the 2-smokes, hade a training race to day, and 2 turns befor finish, in a turn I killede it :naughty: and hade to start kicking and get it in to nuteral! I was 10-15 plase and ended on last 40 our somting :D

sorry. :bonk: just delet this post, I come from norway, and my english is not that good.. :naughty: But nice sticker tread

Hey bluzer, keep your air filter clean and change the oil every 5 hours of use and it will last. If it gets hard to start, check your intake valves clearences and adjust them.

Hey bluzer, keep your air filter clean and change the oil every 5 hours of use and it will last. If it gets hard to start, check your intake valves clearences and adjust them.

every 5 hours is kinda overkill IMO... i always did mine in 10 hours.... i believe the book calls for 12-15 hours. also, be sure to also check the exhaust valves. with the higher torque of the 4 stroke, check the chain tension regularly as well. if you have a cheaper chain, it will require adjustment more often. good luck with your bike... i think you will love the 4 stroke !!!

every 5 hours is kinda overkill IMO... i always did mine in 10 hours.... i believe the book calls for 12-15 hours. also, be sure to also check the exhaust valves. with the higher torque of the 4 stroke, check the chain tension regularly as well. if you have a cheaper chain, it will require adjustment more often. good luck with your bike... i think you will love the 4 stroke !!!

I can tell you that I just love 4-stroke now. I got the hang off wheeling my 125R last week, and when i tryed on the 250F, :naughty: Too easy :bonk: :bonk: but engine braking sucks :D do

huh? :bonk:

the book says to change the engine oil every 15 hours IF you want to change out your piston every 15 hours, the more oil changes you do the longer your engine will last... The oil breaks down from the heat, shockloads and plain use. I would never leave oil in for over 5 hours, unless it was a super high quality full synthetic, then maybe every 6-7 hours.