Sign in to follow this  

Need help quick!

Ok, so I have a race tom and I just checked my sag today and found out it was 76mm :bonk: So i need to adjust the shock rings to adjust it but Im hitting it with a rounded screwdriver and with a hammer and it wont budge. How else can I get this off I can see the metal on the ring getting indented smushed and messed up already. thanks.

Ok, so I have a race tom and I just checked my sag today and found out it was 76mm :bonk: So i need to adjust the shock rings to adjust it but Im hitting it with a rounded screwdriver and with a hammer and it wont budge. How else can I get this off I can see the metal on the ring getting indented smushed and messed up already. thanks.

take off the quarter panels and seat and take out the bottom two subframe bolts, then swing ur subframe up so it rests on your handlebars and then you will have access to the shock

if you are talking about teh adjuster rings on the top of the spring...i had this problem b4..and wat i did was spray wd-40 on the threads..then i let is sit for like 3 min than took a flat head screwdriver and a rubber mallet and gave it one good hit and the top ring came loose...

have you adjusted it b4...by any chance, do you think the rings cross threaded?

i checked up on transworld on how to do it they said to go from 80mm to a lower sag # youd turn the ring counterclockwise. But maybe thats a different brand? I didn't see anything in the service manual.

I sprayed wd-40 earlier too but it didnt work too well I let it sit for liek 20 min and sprayed a good amount. maybe Ill take everything off and maybe that will let me acces it easier.

Ok I did all that and still no luck. The damn thing wont come loose. 76 is pretty off from the recommended 105. Do you think that will make a huge difference? It should also lower my bike cause im pretty short. But does anyone have reccomendations?

The person before me must have had it setup liek that but its 76mm for me prob the right size for someone else.

The person before me must have had it setup liek that but its 76mm for me prob the right size for someone else.

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/how_to/article/0,13190,1555703,00.html

hope this helps....how is the free sag?

if the race sag was at 76mm for you...it shouldnt be, reguardless of the previous owners weight and settings..you need to set the bike to your weight....for 125+cc bikes try to get somewhere between 100-110..

How much do you weigh?

I know that, that is why I am adjusting the sag but the lock ring wont budge. The recomenneded sag for me is 103-105 I am 150. I just need to get this off/loose!

might sound dumb but, are you turing the top preload ring the right direction..i don't understand why it is giving you a problem...it should only just take one good hit with a screwdriver and a hammer/mallet:excuseme:

If i remember right i loosen mine from the leftside of the bike or shifter side...

I'm sure somebody on these forums has set the race sag for their 06 250f. Which way do you turn your lockring to loosen it counterclockwise or clockwise. The trandsworld guide says counter clockwise, but then it looks like the threads loosen towards clockwise. anyone?

Ok yeah, that was what I was doing and the metal started deforming from the punch instead of it breaking loose. There was no hope.